HubSpot Ideas

Siddall

Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

170 Comentarios
Shiran
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with this Beta. This functionality has zero effect on contacts, so being able to only filer contacts by fiscal year was a major let down with the beta. This functionality is vital for reporting and really should have been implemented there first. Hopefully in the coming months this will be usable in reporting. 

jifchen
Miembro

You guys need to extend this setting to Report and Dashboard as well.  Such setting need to be made available and consistant throughout Hubspot where there's Date selection function.  It's no goo to just offer it in the CRM if it's not consistantly available in Deals, Report, Dashboard.... etc. Hope you will make this improvement soon.

LTiano
Miembro

These quarters needs to also be applied to the forecasting module. I am unable to forecast based on my fiscal year, even with the Beta allowing me to input my fiscal year as part of my configuration.

Forecasting by the enterprise FY quarter is important.

DWinterburn
Miembro

Hi,

So from what I can gather the reporting element is fixed but not the forecasting - within the forecasting section of the tool you can only still select calendar year; unless I am missing something?

Thanks,

jmacandrews
Participante

I just checked and this isn't available in reporting for me. Forecasting either. The only place I know of that the FY filters have been added is in the objects pages.

jifchen
Miembro

This came back from hubspot support:

I've done a check on this for you but currently, there are no roll-outs that extended this beta to Reports/Dashboard filters yet. This is something that the product team is reviewing but we do not have an announced timeline on it at the moment.

sales
Colaborador

LOL their response to @jifchen is annoying. This feature is essentially marginal without extending to Reports, Dashboards, and Forecasts. My expectation is that rolling it out to the rest of the product areas is complex and it's taking a lot of time to scope and schedule in a roadmap. I'm eagerly awaiting an announcement. 

VAPAR
Miembro

Q1 starts July 1 for us. The option to define fiscal quarters should be an out-of-the-box functionailty.

Pretty dissapointing. Common when the software vendor doesn't appreciate the problem from live experience.
Rgds - Mark

mikekrkljus
Miembro

The Beta doesn't solve for this issue.  The Fiscal year filters don't appear available on dashboards or reports.

RyanVS
Miembro

Agree with comments above. Thank you for the fiscal functionality on the views. I'm hoping that's them testing, because I'm sure it may be a bigger issue to change in reporting. Otherwise, from a needs perspective, we really would have prioritized reports and forecasting.  For the latter, there doesn't seem to be an option for a custom date range in some of the analytics views, maybe if this issue is going to take a while, add that to the next sprint so I can forecast per fiscal quarter?

FionaC
Miembro

I agree with the comments above, we need this in our reporting and forecast tools, to enable HubSpot to be fully integrated into our systems

jWainwright
Participante

Having the forecast feature work against my fiscal year is really important. It's a great report and I can use it for months/quarters but I need it for my year not the calendar year. Confused why anyone would think that was the only option required. 

OCogan
Miembro

In setting goals, we cannot align our sales goals to our business Financial Year.

We cannot even set a Custom Date range as this is not available in the dropdown, only "This quarter" or "this year" etc. are available.

This means that we, along with all HubSpot's other users, are unable to use quarterly sales Goals effectively as, like any business, we need to align this to our FY, which is not quarterly.

Please fix this fast HS, really should think these things through more before release or fix quickly in Beta when users flag this.

It has been like this for months and is useless to any business that does bit run it's FY by calendar year (a lot of businesses).

alwinfernandes
Participante

This is exactly the same issue we are facing as our financial year is different from the canned HS financial year. Must have feature and HS should allow this at the earliest.

JDietz
Miembro

We are also having the same challenges. It would be great to fix these issue as soon as possible. At least having the opportunity to set custom date!

Thanks

ZScott-Gunnla
Miembro

Absolutely, being able to align our forecast and goals to our actual fiscal year would be incredibly useful. Without it, the goals setting is pretty meaningless as it doesn't reconcile to our actual activity and performance or progress. Having this improved soon would be greatly appreciated. 

AKhurana
Miembro

We have been facing similar issues as our financial year is different from the one set in HS. HS should allow the feature of changing the fiscal year at the earliest so to enable correct sales reporting

LTaal
Miembro

I can see that in Beta I was able to tell HS what our Fiscal Year is.  However, when I run reports, when I select 'This Quarter' or 'Last Quarter', etc, it is still using the calendar year.  Where do I tell it to use our fiscal year?

Thanks!

Lee

CUrsu1
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Any update on launch ETA? 

MattD
Participante

Nice, does it work in reporting?