HubSpot Ideas

Siddall

Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

170 Replies
FrancescoDi

Our organization's fiscal year is from July 1 to June 30, so the calendar function does not provide our Board with relevant information. Looking forward to seeing the fiscal year functionality. Thanks so much!

LeClare

Agreed with the OP.  It's a glaring ommission that almost always causes a "Should we just switch to Salesforce??" conversation.

I mean this in the nicest way possible... Please add this feature and make my life as a HubSpot Champion less awkward 🙂

FBHB
Participant

We have now implemented the following workaround:

1. create a dropdown menu with your FY quarters in deals

2. create a dropdown menu with your FY in deals

3. create workflows that set the FY quarters and FYs based on the close date of the deal

It takes a bit of work and is not ideal but it allows us to report pipeline and sales against the FY. 

Unfortunately with this method you can't build any reports against your sales targets. I would still prefer to have native functionality but I thought this work around may be a good temporary fix for some of you guys.

mvandooren
Contributor | Gold Partner

Yes to this feature request. Thank you!

kag

Please make this change...it's painful to have custom date fields.  

AndyPurple
Participant

New customer here, thought something as fundamental as this would have been out of the box. It's been in every other CRM for about 15 years.

DaichiYAGYU

Salesfroce・Tableauでは自由に設定できるため、こちらの開発を検討いただければと思います。

SWilcox
Participant

woof - does HS NOT have this yet???

busdav
Participant

This is absolutely essential. Most B2B SaaS companies have their FY begin 1 February! This needs to be possible as soon as possible. 

AndrewShaw
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset This idea was raised in 2017 - i think I've been following it since 2018!! It's a simple requirement and could easily have been dealt with in one of the reporting upgrades. It now has 210 votes but there will be thousands of users that would beneft from it.  How many votes does it need before it becomes important enough to implement?   

t-dub

I too have been following since late 2018/early 2019. HubSpot - give us a little bright spot as we start off 2021!! Pretty please??

PJMcD
Participant

Disappointing that the Forecasting feature was launched without addressing this. Makes the feature almost useless. 

bkeller
HubSpot Product Team

This feature is currently being worked on. We will update this post to "In Beta" when it is open for customers to start participating. 

AndrewShaw
Participant

Fantastic to see this move to "In Planning" at last - it really shouldn't have taken so long for a company that prides itself on customer response - but thank you!

M0
Participant

I add to the sentiment that we really would like to have this added to Hubspot.

lauramoniz

100% love this idea - means we can actually use the goals feature

Gregorykalinc

Has a new customer... for my new sales period february . I definitily need this feature... Can we participe at the beta?

JackWyndham
Participant

+1 this is definitely needed

edstennett

Is there a timeline for this coming into BETA? We've just entered our new financial year and want to make use of the forecasting and goals tools with the team. It's currently pointless without.

At the moment we've had to set up a horrible workflow that defines our fiscal year and quarter based on the close date - we then have to use that for all reporting which is less than ideal

bkeller
HubSpot Product Team

This feature is now live in Beta