HubSpot Ideas

Siddall

Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

170 Replies
anthonylacoste
Member | Gold Partner

Yes please! We really need this feature for our clients.

benesch_e
Contributor

This would be very helpful for reporting, rather than having to frequently change filters depeding on what I nee.

codycross

+1

we would love having this functionality...our year end isn't 12/31 and making custom quarterly reports is a very tiresome task 

Kwedel

We also need this function for reporting.  Looking forward to HubSpot updating this feature.  

smontpetit
Participant

In 20 years of managing CRMs I have never seen one where you cannot manage your fiscal year dates (worked with Goldmine, Act, Maximizer, MS CRM, Sugar and Salesforce), and a majority of businesses' fiscal years do not match with calendar year. That is a huge, core oversight.

DigitalMagenta
Member | Diamond Partner

It's about time already HubSpot 😉 Our clients ask for it all the time.

cmonk

Yes please!!

gholohan

Yes this would be great.

outeast01

100% agree with this request.  It's very confusing for the business to talk in terms of FY and then have your CRM reports not align.  

FBHB
Participant

+1

I don't understand why such a common a highly requested feature is not available yet.

craigvarcoe

Totally agree with this suggestion (and most reply suggestions).  A few comments from me; 

• This functionality is a requirement for most organisations around the globe. When most company reports (invoicing, inventory etc) are based on fiscal/financial year or fiscal/financial periods (Q1-Q4), how confusing is it to have your sales report not match.  

• Under "Account & Billing" settings, an option to set the default fiscal/financial year for the CRM portal would be great. This date period then pulls through to the "yearly" option in report filters. 

• All default reports in the "Dashboard Library" to default to fiscal/financial period.

kevinharper
Participant

Yes! This is such a simple ask - and looks like it's been asked for years. Please allow for this!

gauravtechie
Participant

Bumping this up! Leadership moving onto spreadsheets because of this. Urgently needed this feature.

EllySmith

This is definitely something we are also interested in as our financial year does not  follow the calendar quarter either!

jmacandrews
Participant

Oh my! It's been 3 years since this was requested. Hopefully we can get this implemented soon! I agree, it's incredibly important to have this functionality.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting on behalf of a customer!

Use case: company's fiscal quarters end in Jan, Apr, Jul & Oct, rather than the predefined quarters in HubSpot (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec). So it would hugely beneficial if customers could update the "Snapshot frequency" options for reports to reflect the fiscal calendar that they use.

Simon_MyLeads
Participant | Partner

This would be really useful for us too. 

For instance, our sales commission periods are from the third week in one month to the third week in the next.

Of course, we can create a custom time period, but this is a static, one off event and not active. 

Having the ability to report on custom time frames that are outside of the standard HS parameters is essential!

Jules3

Definitely the whole filtering on reporting needs to be more intuitive, it would be worth looking at Workbooks reporting and their use of and/OR and filtering mechanisms to improve Hubspot user experience.

MattD
Participant

Yep, we are also in need of this.  The new reporting beta (sept 2020) would be a great place to slot this feature in.

ybn
Participant

+1

Having Fiscal Year date filters and reporting is more important than having calendar years...