HubSpot Ideas

renchash

Default to folder view in emails

For some reason the folder feature in the Email application in HubSpot does not function the same as other applications. I can create a folder and put emails into it but all the emails still appear in the list view. This doesn't really help with organization. 

It would be nice if we could change the default view to Folders if we wanted to. 

Thanks.

23 Replies
Nicolemx

Agree! The same issue happens in the Lists dashboard as well. We have over 90 lists which looks very messy, definitely should be the option to view these dashboards by folders without having to click on the view. 

chadwicksDIO

Also if you could make the folder appear first instead of the list option that would be helpful as most organizations use a folder system to find items.

ABousley

Yes, we need a way to organize our emails!    We get so many emails for different topics & they are an unorganized mess!   

Please implement this feature!!!

jen_vaughn
Contributor

Agree with this.  I would go so far as to say this should't even be an idea, but a bug fix. 

dabroncos
Contributor

Much needed

CBarnett

Please sort this! Organisation so key to Marketing automation!! 

AWittig

Nice idea, changing the default view definetly is of interest for us as well. 

Jacob345

Would love if this was implemented. In my view the folders are essentially useless without it!

jbaumann

This would also be helpful for our organization as well! Another idea would be having the ability to see folders as an attribute in the list view for emails. 

TVodanovic

This functionality definitely needs to be implemented for the email section, and could potentially be used in so many other places across the platform.

From the looks of it, they utilise the local storage object to store a query string that remembers your folder/list view and the last folder you were in. Then when clicking on and loading the workflows page, it will then add the query string to the URL and load the last view you had on that machine/web browser.

I've attached a screenshot of the local storage object in Chrome dev tools console, which matches the URL after the the page has been fully rendered.

Example Workflows URL: app.hubspot.com/workflows/***********/view/all?sortBy=updatedAt&sortOrder=descending&folderId=342658

local-storage-hubspot.png

It would be amazing if the HubSpot dev team implemented this feature in the email section.

haltenburg
Participant

This would be super helpful! 

JSantafé

Agreed, let's keep pushing for this feature! It should be an option for emails, landing pages etc.

512-cristina

I totally agree!!! My list view is getting to be quite MESSY and I hate that everything I have placed in the "OLD" folder still shows up in my list view!! Not much point to the folder really if everything still shows up.  And I don't want to delete the old lists because it's a way to pull stats from them.

JHaysome

This is a really important issue in terms of organising emails or anything else in Hubspot.

Currently if you put all your emails into folders it works great in folder view.

If however your team creates new emails and forgets to put them in folders, there is no way of identifying in the list view, which emails have not been added to folders.

You have to go through each one to find the emails that need to be added to a folder.

Every other system I've worked with removes the email from the list view once it is in a folder - at the very least please add a column to the list to identify which folder each email is in so we can easily see which ones are not in a folder.

JHandley

Really wish we could select whether we want the list view or folder view as our default. The list view is so hard to make sure our system stays clean and organized. 

MFall13
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Need ability to set folders as default view across tools in HubSpot!

DMWinter

100% this is essential! Please implement. 

adeleee

Please, is this item on track to being implemented? It is MUCH better for organisational purposes and especially when managers are asking for better organised EDMs  in the email manager.

JFett

Please implement for emails as well as all other areas!

DGuerreiro

Yes, please! Very much needed in emails, lists, and workflows too!