HubSpot Ideas

Brandonbaker

Default "From" email on Ticket email function

We need the ability to have a default email "From" setting when replying in Conversations and Tickets.

Currently: It defaults to the user's email and they need to select the drop down in the from line to change to the team email. They have to do this every time and if they forget, they take a conversation or ticket from the support team email and send it from their personal. Our customers begin to get very confused. 

Change: If we can set defaults for the conversations/tickets/pipelines to say that anyone responding from the specific conversations/tickets/pipelines the email response will default coming from the team email. If a user needs to respond in a 1-1 (personal email) that they would need to change. The default should be the team email as that is where the communication is originating. 

46 Replies
BenGale
Contributor

It is genuinely bonkers that this has been a request for years and we still can't set the default email to send from in the inbox.

hlenda

I really hoped to find a solution here. By default my from: email is community@.... when I need to use contact@....

Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner

Very surprised this is not an available feature. We have clients sending emails to clients on both their contact record and on tickets, and it keeps defaulting to the company generic email address that's connected to the HubSpot inbox, when the user wants to be sending most emails from their own personal connected email. 

There should be a way to select default sending address on contacts, tickets, deals, etc so that it defaults to your email account of choice when sending emails via these tools. 

JulianR
Participant

WOWSERS! If I had known this was missing we may not have signed up for the tool. This is BASIC assumed functionality of any helpdesk. The point is to NOT connect it to an individual, but instead to a system so anyone can respond and add to it.

This is creating haywire in our organisation at the moment as all responses are going from personal staff emails instead of from our support address.

PLEASE FIX ASAP. Sadly we are evaluating the possibility of rolling back to our old helpdesk if we cannot get this resolved quickly. 

How can we get any kind of idea on if this is being fixed and the timeline?

JR

JCanolo

+1 on this. This is huge for us too! 

drm237
Contributor

+1.  Disappointing

fiberpunk
Contributor
drm237
Contributor

For anyone struggling with this, the best workaround is not to click the Email button on the ticket, but to instead click through to the conversation associated with the ticket and reply from there.  That way, it will use the email address from the conversation inbox.

ElaineSN
HubSpot Employee

+1

AlessioSc

very important

CBehrens
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

JTrainor9

Gotta be fixed! We want to create personal support connections and a big part of that is personal emails -- not a general "help@" inbox. Asking employees to manually change the "from" address every time is doomed for mistakes.

AlessioSc

its so important please!

CSupport18

Its about time Hubspot implements this, shouldnt be a big deal.

JSingh524

+1

ACampbell44
Participant

I also have this problem. 

We have a number of different teams that all have their own pipeline. 

But our individual users can email out of all emails from all pipelines.

If they arent checking the "from" field and selecting from the drop down its causing lots of confusion and some inappropriate emails to clients. I.e. potential leads being emailed from the "complaints" inbox. 

Also, when the customer replies, this hits the wrong inbox, and goes through the wrong workflow. The tickets are either lost or delayed when this happens.

ideally I'd like to restrict who can send from what email from the presets function, the permissions function, or just by linking it to the pipeline/inbox. So only email accounts related to that pipeline can be used on tickets in that pipeline. 

LJam23
Participant

For setups where different teams oversee different pipelines, this is a must. It's very easy to forget and choose the wrong From address, and suddenly emails are coming from a different address and going into a different HubSpot inbox. The list continues to add up on all the things my users must remember to do manually.

PvZandwijk

Currently this only works when directly replying to an e-mail within the ticket, this works out on a lot of occassions, but ideally this would be a basic functionality in new e-mails within a ticket too. 

JIrvine1
Contributor

We are also seeing this. It has even bigger implicaitons for us. We have 2 brands, and each should not know that the other one exists. We are seeing incidents where someone forgets to check the "from" address, and the email was sent from the wrong brand's support mailbox. This sort of mistake could cost us clients. Please fix this!!!!

ARich
Contributor

HubSpot we are in the same boat as @JIrvine1. Two brands and most clients shouldn't know the other brand is related. It can become very costly to make this mistake. When can we expect your team to dive into this request?