Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Default for hyperlinks in blogs should be open in new window

Hello,

I, and I'm sure others, think it would be more beneficial to have the default hyperlink option in blogs to be having them open in a new window. As of now, the default is to have the links open in the same window and therefore prompts visitors to leave the blog. There is the option to select a radial box and have them open in a new window, but you need to remember to click it everytime, or risk losing the visitor. Having the links open in a new tab or a new window by would allow them to remain in the blog and therefore a better chance of clicking the CTA.

Thanks,

Ben

9 Replies
jakekayser
Occasional Contributor

Great idea Ben,

I concur, having this option available as a global setting option would also make it easier and more efficient for writers to publish their work.  We have a steady stream of guest authors and regular writers, and going through this "open" setting for each link and article is time-consuming.

Jen0910
Regular Contributor

I agree, all of us who use HubSpot for blogging need the option to set the default for this.

PubLoft
New Contributor

Man, this is crucial. HubSpot, we need a “default” for target="_blank" !

ltomanelli
New Contributor

Hi, I agree & this is very, very important to save time! We need an option to have "open in a new tab" as the default for any web page. Pillar, blog, etc.! 

markdhansen
Occasional Contributor

We really need this too.  Its a huge pain to need to edit this property for each link!

GoldenSpiral

Totally agree, this is a must have!

StephanieB
Occasional Contributor

Yes!! At the very least make them open in a new window. Ideally, give people a global default setting with options for how links open. 

jolieh
New Contributor

Yes! Absolutely!

AdrienLy
Visitor

Agreed! Would make sense for all links to open by default in a new TAB though, not new window.