HubSpot Ideas

sebavicto

Default email address for sending from CRM

Hi,

I've my admin email address and I also have several other connected accounts.

How can I do to set-up as default one of the "others" connected accounts instead of my Admin account?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me on this.

Sebs

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
February 26, 2024 03:23 PM

Hi everyone! I am updating this idea to Being Reviewed as we consider if we'll be able to deliver it this year.

Not Currently Planned
March 19, 2021 04:56 PM

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

March 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Hey @sebavicto @DyfedWallis I apologise for the delay in getting to this query. 

I'm sorry, but in this case I don't understand the question. Could you explain further?

Are you trying to add multiple connected accounts in addtion to your own? 
It is not possible to have this set up by default, each user must log in individually and follow these instructions to connect there inbox: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/how-to-connect-your-email-inbox-to-hubspot-sales

Plet let me know if I have misunderstood the question. 

121 Replies
NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

Metrobi

We need this, too. It's surprising that this feature has been requested for years but is still not implemented yet. 

duncanray1
Participant

I agree this is a super important feature!

We've added our secondary email addresses and can manually switch sender email addresses on 1-1 email addresses. So, clearly some of the capability already exists.

We've also added them as emails for marketing emails, where you can add any email address.

The way to change the email address for sequences away from our main HubSpot user email address was achieved by choosing to use the email address when enrolling contacts in a sequence. It was manual the first time, then HubSpot remembered the change from then on.

In the contact's record, our company profile icon appeared instead of our user profile image. However, in the recipient email inbox the personal profile image appeared because it's pulled in from the gmail user. I'm not sure if the company profile icon in the contact record view is intentional to indicate that the alternative email address was used, but it seems to work ok.

Hope that helps 🙂

Johnh2me

Hi HubSpot Product team,

Please add this feature. It is confusing to cutomers when we are trying to send replies to support emails from support@domain.com and the email reverts to marketing@domain.com.

Thanks, 

JohnH

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have several teams and team-inboxes, and some users work in more than one of them. They work primaily in one team and it would be great to be able to select a default address as sender.

heath
Participant

Adding a new email for a shared inbox appears to have changed the default sending email address for all our Hubspot users.

It's wild to think this bug was raised over five years ago in a feature request that has generated 200+ upvotes but no fix is on the roadmap.

LS36

I really need this feature as well. It causes a lot of problems that I can choose what is my default email.

liangsj
HubSpot Employee

Submitting on behalf of customer, 

The customer would like to see this feature be brought back to attention and review. 

LauraMontgomery

I'd love this feature. We have 7 different email accounts linked for use by members of our HubSpot team but one of the less active accounts begins with an "a" and therefore is used incorrectly very frequently by members of the team. It would be great to pick a default sent form account acorss the board for my company which team members could change when required.

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I ... just can't quite believe this is currently set to "Not currently planned". 

Client of mine has 50+ support agents who have to switch their from address *every single time* they reply to an email (600-700 tickets a week), or it gets sent from another connected inbox that they should not be sending emails from at all. It seems random which email address is shown as your default from address when creating a new email too, so no way to control this.

This really isn't a workable solution for an enterprise level service product!

RockyPrairie
Yes, and to think I submitted this idea in 2020? A LONG time ago!
dentalcentral

This has been in discussion all the way back to 2017?

This fundamentally needs to get fixed. I have emails going out of a seconary email account... too many... that are going to confuse my clients.

This needs to be fixed ASAP

JBri

Not having this feature is starting to generate a lot of headache for us, and obviously for a lot of other customers as well. This should be prioritized!

Suzanneranner
Participant

This would really help out our service/sales reps. Thanks for posting.

RockyPrairie
Thanks!
I know and I posted this so long ago I can’t remember with still no action. 邏
KPolder

We have multiple teams using Hubspot and its not appropriate that they all have access to viewing each inbox - further to that, all users actually have the ability to email from ANY email address on the Hubspot account. Would be great to see a fix asap!

MankaB
HubSpot Employee

+1 on the behalf of a customer! 

Jouellet

+1

It creates a huge problem, especially for our junior users. Since the first email ever created in HS is nonexistent and not monitored anymore and is impossible to delete, anytime the personal email is disconnected for any reason, marketing emails will be sent from that email address. If the custumer replies, it simply bounces. 

One of my users sent more than 100 emails in the last 2 days using that address by mistake. 

Christian_Jorge
Participant

We need this as well! 

Just let me pick a default account in my user preferences. 

SBrochard

In my company we would need a default email BY ticket pipeline.