HubSpot Ideas

sebavicto

Default email address for sending from CRM

Hi,

I've my admin email address and I also have several other connected accounts.

How can I do to set-up as default one of the "others" connected accounts instead of my Admin account?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me on this.

Sebs

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
February 26, 2024 03:23 PM

Hi everyone! I am updating this idea to Being Reviewed as we consider if we'll be able to deliver it this year.

Not Currently Planned
March 19, 2021 04:56 PM

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

March 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Hey @sebavicto @DyfedWallis I apologise for the delay in getting to this query. 

I'm sorry, but in this case I don't understand the question. Could you explain further?

Are you trying to add multiple connected accounts in addtion to your own? 
It is not possible to have this set up by default, each user must log in individually and follow these instructions to connect there inbox: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/how-to-connect-your-email-inbox-to-hubspot-sales

Plet let me know if I have misunderstood the question. 

121 Replies
zachtrate

Absolutely critical feature.

NirajDattani

We also need this but I do not think the HubSpot staff - who have responded in this thread - understand what the feature request is.

It's the ability to select a connected email address as the default sender, when sending emails.

alguil
Participant

+1 on this idea

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here!

Setting a default email address should be added in within the settings > email integrations tab. If customers were to send out multiple emails each day, this can potentially save them a lot of time.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

TPennington

This would be great. We have a couple emails linked and want to be able to set a specific email as the default one that it sends from when we create the email. Instead we have to manually pick the email every time. 

PKunka

Would be useful to default  the sender based on email template and or by pipeline.  So users do not have to manually select it each time the send an email.

abiblu
Contributor

I escalated this to HubSpot support to get a firm answer (since there has been no update by HubSpot in this forum).

It looks like there is going to need to be more upvotes to get this on the radar. They said:

Idea 1: Default email address for sending from CRM

Created on: Mar 2, 2017 4:38 PM

Latest update: Not Currently Planned, on Mar 19, 2021 7:56 PM

From Product Team:

We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

BigDaddyBear
Participant

Very much agreed. Having a default here would save us a lot of hassle! 

busdav
Participant

Agreed. 

MichaelBrophy

We use the email templates to deliver quotes* to new leads, plus send a bunch of other routine messages. every time we log into hubspot, the default "from email" for these messages is the email associated with my account. I would prefer that the default email be a shared inbox that is always covered by someone, so when a customer replies we have a person ready to answer in a timely manner. Every time I log in and start sending emails, I have to remember to switch the "from" field to the shared email. 

*we've tried the quote tool but it doesn't quite suite our needs

JBeatty
Guide | Diamond Partner

This would be very useful, for me and for my clients.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

This feature would help many users (: 

MWilliamson8

We are in need of this feature for how we are managing tickets.

- The ticket is created in the shared inbox, but Sales have to manually select the alias email and this is a huge pain for them
- If they forget to change the alias the ticket is not updated correctly, and our reports on response time are worthless
- When the customer replies, it creates an entirely new ticket from the one we initially replied to

abiblu
Contributor

For everyone's reference here, I just followed up with HubSpot support again in ticket # 3376894, I wrote:

---

It's been a year and a half since I raised this issue with support and 4.5 years since it was first raised on the forum. Is it going to take a decade for the HubSpot development team to get around to fixing this?

Could you please go back to them and check on the progress of this issue?

---

I'll let you know what they say but at this stage, I've given up on believing that HubSpot will ever bother fixing this, they're clearly not interested.

When we signed up to HubSpot 3 years ago we were aware of many of these areas that they were behind in but had assumed they would work to catch up. Sadly, no progress has been made since.

It may be time to look elsewhere if this is a firm requirement for you.
mattheuv
Participant

Hello,

I hope HS implements this feature in their platform, I made a mistake sending an email campaign with my name and email instead of customer name and email noreply@....

mattheuv
Participant

Hello,

I hope HS implements this feature in their platform, I made a mistake sending an email campaign with my name and email instead of customer name and email noreply@....

ESullivan

Also need this! Clients are moaning about getting emails from different email address', we thought they all got sent from our main business email but apparently not. Now the team have to make sure they manually select from the drop down each time to choose the 'From' email address we want to use. Just need to be able to set it as our default!

nickbudjml
Participant

Casting my vote!!!! 

Allow multiple catgegories of default email address to be set for sending emails.

• Ideally this would include a few settings:
  • "Default" for direct new emails
  • "Default" for sequence emails (important! bigger volume of emails should be done from a separate email/subdomain)
  • "Default" for all replies to inbound emails (either "use the address that recieved the email" or "always set to ___"
  • Toggle on/off for "use the Latest Email Address sent from" as the From by default

Our pain right now is with sequences --> NAMELY that we actually can select the desired "From" email address while enrolling someone in a sequence. Great functionality! ...But it doesn't work, because the "From" just defaults to the most recently used sending email address.

Super valuable! Here is my vote: +1

🙂

Hugs,

Nick

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.42.29 AM.png

EPhillips1

It's not very encouraging that it's been over 5 years since this thread was opened and this feature still isn't available, but I'll add my vote. 

Our support reps send emails from an alias account, but there is no way to set that alias as the default. They have to manually select it every time they send an email from the deal page.