Default email address for sending from CRM

Hi,

It would be good if we are able to set as default email account, or to change the name(when I want, not forever) of my default account.

In the picture below to see if I'm able for example two things:

A- Send always as default from email address training@ubi... . The name of sender will still be Edward Willby

B- No matter which email address I decide to send the email, to see if it's possible to change the name it is send from, ex. chaning from Edward Willby to Sebastián V.

Thanks in advance,

SebastiánHS default email address.jpgdefault ex. from one of the connected emails accounts

HubSpot updates
31 Replies
Nima
New Contributor

The possibility to change the default sending address, would solve the following problem for us:

• Our company uses Google Apps for Work
  • We use Hubspot for a product which has a different name than our company, we therefore setup email addresses as aliases matching the product brand
  • If setting up a Hubspot account with the alias email address, we weren't able to connect our Gmail account with Hubspot anymore.

With this feature, we could use our main email address to login to Hubspot, and setup our product brand email address as an additional email address, which we would set as the default sending address.

sebavicto
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nima,

Interesting post and situation which I believe is quite common to all of us and you describe it very well. I hope @annetempelmeier can help us as it's a really important feature.

Txs

daniull
Regular Contributor

I really wish this was a feature.    its annoying to have to change it every time i prospect.

Dominic-H
New Contributor

Would save time and it's annoying.

WillStrohl
Occasional Contributor

I need this feature as well.

davidtaylorjr
Regular Contributor

I need this feature too.

AStretz
New Contributor

I'm here to hopefully keep this thread active, and to continue to this as a potential new feature.  As someone without any technical expertise it seems like an easy add by selecting a default email in the settings tab as well as default fonts/sizes. 

My situation is similar to  @Nima  in that we operate two companies which 90% of my time is focused on one and 10% on the other, but the default setting is on the unfortunate side of this ratio.  

I think HubSpot is great so far, and this is only a minor annoyance.  Fix would be both a time saver and help avoid future embarassment sending from the wrong email.

georgealistair
Occasional Contributor

This is very important for me as well. Should name changes ever occur at a business, the ability to specify a default email address without going through the hassle of rebuilding your account may be very important. Please consider adding this feature. 

jfaehayes

YES - I need this ASAP! 

benitag
Occasional Contributor

I've had the same issue for a client - they mostly send via a group email to customers, which is also hooked up to Conversations within HubSpot, although, it's really easy for them to accidentally send via his or her personal email rather than the group email. They never send from their personal emails so it makes sense to have the group email set as the default for each team member.