HubSpot Ideas

sebavicto

Default email address for sending from CRM

Hi,

I've my admin email address and I also have several other connected accounts.

How can I do to set-up as default one of the "others" connected accounts instead of my Admin account?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me on this.

Sebs

118 Comentários
TonySchmidt
Colaborador(a)

Please look into adding this feature. It's currently wasting time and intruduces possible accidental email sends from personal addresses.

alyssa721
Membro

This feature would be very useful for us- we changed our company name and so we have new aliases, but our Hubspot is linked to our original account name. When we automate our emails, we don't want to have to change alias for every single email recipient. It's really inefficient and hard to remember to do this. 

Wordna
Top colaborador(a)

I also need the ability to set a different default from email address.

louischausse
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Platinum

We have this problem for tickets...

it is the same shared account for all tickets pipelines.

Here is the structure of our support teams.

Three teams:

- team 1

- team 2

- team 3

So we created 3 corresponding ticket pipelines and 3 corresponding conversaton Inboxes

Each inboxes have connected email adresses:

- team 1

>team1@domain.com (for all inquiries to this team)

>team1_customer1name@domain.com (priority channel only for our customer 1) (This one is set as default for all tickets)

>team1_customer2name (priority channel only for our customer 2)

- team 2

>team2@domain.com (for all inquiries to this team)

- team 3

>team3@domain.com (for all inquiries to this team)

So... as you can see, it makes no sense at all that the default is a very specific address... the priority channel only for our customer 1 for a specific kind of problems...

We need to be able to set a default for each inbox/pipeline.

abiblu
Colaborador(a)

Upvote. What we need is two things:

1) A default address to be used when composing new email

2) When replying to an existing email to reply using the same email address as it was sent to

So far only the second part works. Please fix the first part, HubSpot!

cyril_chapon
Participante

This is insane it's not a feature.

It's even worse when a user doesn't even have a "personal email address" connected.

In that case, Hubspot choses the first email address in alphabethical order, which is in our case dramatical.

This single fact forces every single manual email sender to double check the FROM field every single time they send an email.

Come on, this is a simple checkbox in user profile section we are talking about.

This checkbox would remove so much friction and errors.

JimHarris
Colaborador(a)

This is a big problem for us. Most of the time we send our emails from one of our "generic" inboxes that is connected in the converstaions tool instead of our intended personal inbox. This causes a lot of confusion and frustration for our co-workers and our customers. 

charliepinker
Colaborador(a)

Adding my vote to this.

We have a @company.com email address and then a @product.com email address. I send emails from the product email address as I solely work in that product team, and it means my email domain is consistent with the domain of our app URL our users go to, and the domain the app system emails are sent from.

I could just set my @product.com email address as my primary Hubspot account email address, but then Hubspot starts syncing all my (@company.com) Google Calendar activity as it thinks that is a different user/person.

Benjamin_
Membro

We need this as well... 

It is quite disturbing that this request is already 3 years old and still not available...

tbernier
Participante

I am in favor of this idea as well.  Having to change the email address to your own every time you compose a new email is a wasted step.  And most of my support agents forget this step and since they do not monitor the default email Inbox, they have no knowledge when a client responds to their outbound message.

RockyPrairie
Membro

This is silly that we do not have this ability as in all business we need to wear (and respresent) many hats!

Anneli
Membro

Idea? -I'd say defect!

We have four support/sales pipelines in HUbspot, and every time someone writes an email response the wrong from-address is chosen. Even if we've already set every pipeline with it's own default from adress. UX fail.

danielshaw
Membro

why is this simple "primary email" function available in so many other CRMs not possible in HubSpot?

dformica
Colaborador(a)

I need this feature also.  It's been 3 years since this request was submitted... 

cnroth
Membro

Yes, please! Fantastic idea, would be very useful for many of us.  

radapop
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Upvoted! This would save a lot of time and mistakes

dkeir
Participante

We also need this feature.  The from address is defaulting to the connected personal email address, but we need it to default to a chosen shared address.

Also - would be great if we could default the from email address to be blank, so it forces users to choose the correct from address before clicking send.  We have central staff covering many locations at the moment so emails should come from appropiate location email address.

zachtrate
Membro

Absolutely critical feature.

NirajDattani
Membro

We also need this but I do not think the HubSpot staff - who have responded in this thread - understand what the feature request is.

It's the ability to select a connected email address as the default sender, when sending emails.

alguil
Participante

+1 on this idea