HubSpot Ideas

sebavicto

Default email address for sending from CRM

Hi,

I've my admin email address and I also have several other connected accounts.

How can I do to set-up as default one of the "others" connected accounts instead of my Admin account?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me on this.

Sebs

118 Replies
Dom_Carlin
Participant | Diamond Partner

Count me in as well. 

I've set my client up with a ticketing system that utilises different pipelines for different kinds of support request - one for questions about payments, another for questions about Membership etc. This is managed by individual email addresses feeding into individual inboxes which create tickets in the appropriate pipelines. 

Ideally, the staff would be able to set a default 'From' address based on the pipeline the ticket is found in, (or the account that received the original email and created the ticket), to save the risk of replying from an unrelated address. Failing that, even the ability to reply to them all from the same generic support email address would save time and avert a decent amount of risk. 

MarkPorter

+1

happy_ilkka
Participant

We need this too, very useful for a number of use cases.

MrDorf

Adding my voice to this request. 

Utilizing Service hub means many techs responding from a general "Support@XXX" email address. I can't register them all under the same general support email address during user creation, so their "from" default will be their private internal email address. If they forget to change the "from" address to the support address on every email they send, then two bad things happen: 

1.) The client receives an email from a completely new email address (their private internal address), possibly resulting in replies going unseen.

2.) The client now has the support rep's private internal address, which can result in private email replies or future help requests that aren't tracked properly by the support system and may go unanswered if that rep is out or busy and doesn't see it right away.

ScottFravel

I need this funtionality as well. I need to be able to switch from one email address to the next and at different times, I need one of the emails to be the default "FROM" email.

Outsourcing

Creating another user may be an inconvenient yet effective workaround, but at least in my case it leads to another issue: The email address and name of every single user in a Hubspot portal is viewable to all other users, regardless of their permission rights.

That's a whole other issue. It seems anyone, even a temp who may work for a week or two has access to the entire organization's list of users -- employees, managers, subcontractors, etc. Not to mention, with the Enterprise addition I assume that also means they can see the entire hierarchy of teams, i.e. business structure. For me and I assume others, such things are trade secrets. 

Any suggestions?

sockclub
Participant

We absolutely need this functionality. Our designers' internal email addresses potentially being sent to clients seems so easily avoidable with this feature but without it they have to check for it every time which disrupts the workflow and in case it's missed causes a lot of rework.

Lu2Swag
Contributor

UPVOTE from me - Yes please - we would like to default to the last chosen address in our shared inbox and have this functionality in tickets, and companies not just contacts,

Laci
Participant

Give them at least 24 hours friends, there's a lot of us and only so many of them. 

Carl_faulkner

This feature is essential for running a support function. You can't have customers emailing a central support inbox, then receiving replies from personal accounts.

I must say I'm very surprised it's not possible to do this already!

renoco

@roisinkirby that is very unfortunate. This could be such a simple feature. I found that HubSpot is such a great tool and very user friendly. Such small things that really matter make it so painful. I had wished to see you at HubSpot taking this valuable user feedback and implement it into the tool rather than saying "this is not possible, except you create a new account".

renoco

Thank you for pointint this out! I am 100% with you!

juliansurber
Participant

@hubspot Is there an update if this can be expected soon? My team would really appreciate this feature!

solutionmachine

And my axe!

Slevene
Member | Diamond Partner

Would love this feature as well—we've had instances of emails being sent from members of our agency rather than from our clients.

I reached out to support and their advice for a workaround was just to clone emails that have the correct 'from' name and email.

Brut

Yes, it's the most wanted feature, so please fix this ASAP.

Thanks!

TabithaBurnham

Definitely need this ability - would love to see this rolled out soon

ElSpeedbumpo

All for this. The more emails you add the worse it is. 

M0zz0
Participant | Diamond Partner

We absolutely need this functionality +1

TELLandTRAiN

Need it. Want it.