HubSpot Ideas

jamescooke

Default behaviour of Auto-Association of records

Between our Customer Success and Sales teams, vs our Support teams, quite often we have a couple of conversations that are fundamentally not related in progress with a customer. 

Currently, the default behaviour for Hubspot is to auto-associate records, and where we see this the most, is fresh emails to a contact is created on a contact or company record and is auto-associating with an open ticket record. 

We'd really love to have the ability to be able to set the default behaviour, either by team or by user, to determine if all open tickets should automatically be associated to new communications when created on a contact or company record.

14 Replies
mmcbride

We also would like be able to "turn off" automatic associations between companies/contacts  - and open tickets.  There are just so few instances where information placed directly on a company or contact is relavant to an open ticket.  It would be nice to associate them when needed - not having to uncheck these associations (multiple open tickets) everytime.

jotero

I agree that users should have the option of opting out of the auto associations. 

sambiermans

Same as this issue and it is killing us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Possibility-to-disable-automatic-association-to-deals...

I must join Bart in getting this disable function. As it even get worse.

We started emailing from HubSpot in the hope we could avoid most of Bart's problems but Hubspot makes it even a bigger problem for us.

Here is what we experience:

When I reply on a deal to X in Hubspot. Hubspot does associate the right deal and company to X (so no association is made outside of the deal). When X replies to me and he places Y and Z in CC ate any given time in our communication. Hubspot will associate 5 objects with Y and Z.  This makes no sense at all and creates a complete mess. 

If I mail to contact X about what he wants to eat for lunch next week (and I mail from Hubspot on the contact page, not in a deal or Ticket) I have to unlink all the deals related to this person. If I forget this Hubspot will make sure we know in each deal what X will have for lunch.

If we mail from Gmail the problem of Bart comes into place. 

This made it hard to work on a proper timeline on deals or contacts.

Merit_Jackson

We are experiencing this issue as well. Old emails are being associated with new tickets. 

cneisel

We have encountered this issue since we went live with HubSpot, and it's increasingly frustrating when reviewing Client metrics for tickets and seeing dozens to tickets associated to "OUR" company, simply because a fellow Colleague provided input email, or notes to the ticket. It'at least a 10-15 minute work effort everyday to correct the accurate Associated Company. This is costing us, your Client valuable time and effort.

AlishaV
Contributor

yes please. we want some of our teams to have access to contacts (some of which have deals), but NOT the deal activity information containing sensitive information!!

bcf
Participant

Yes we are also experiancing the same issue

Our staff have to continuelly uncheck the associations and if they don't it creats havic with our other tickets that are also asscociated with other deal.

PLEASE PLEASE make this an opption to set our own default associations. It wil make our and every ones lifes easier 

MPainter1987

We also would like be able to "turn off" automatic associations between companies/contacts  - and open tickets.  There are just so few instances where information placed directly on a company or contact is relavant to an open ticket.  It would be nice to associate them when needed - not having to uncheck these associations (multiple open tickets) everytime.

NLucas3

Associer automatiquement contacts/Compagnies/transaction n'a pas de sens et ne permet pas une hiérarchisation des informations. Il faut pouvoir paramétrer les associations "par défaut". Merci d'avance de nous faire bénéficier de ce paramétrage structurant (et qui date quand je lis les autres commentaires 😉 

KieranDoyle

This would be very useful for us. Working at a Real Estate company where we use Deals to keep activity private to the deal owners and their team.

If they want to send an email out from the Deal then, they have to disassociate the other records each time and so it's not very time efficient if they have multiple deals in the works, and are having to disassociate every time.

You can set this via the Outlook integration to make sure emails sent in Outlook can only associate with certain records, so it makes no sense why this can't be done in Hubspot directly!

JTree

I agree and would find it really helpful if you could turn off the association by type. For example, if someone is adding a note into a ticket, I only want that note in the ticket. I don't need it on the company record making it difficult to seeing what is going on with so much information in once place

bcf
Participant
Yes 100% lets hope HubSpot starts listening to its subscribers
LaurelShoger
Participant

4 years later and this is still causing issues for mutliple users. Just spent over two hours talking with different support agents trying to figure out what is going on. Please make this an option. 

bcf
Participant

By the look of it Hubspot will only listen to their premiem subscribers.

I for one will NOT increase my subscription from around 70 dolars to 1500 dollars that jump is a massive jump in anyones langauge