Default Values for Personalization Tokens in HubSpot Sales

Would be good if the same HS Marketing functionality for a deafult value for something like First Name and Compan Name was available in the HubSpot Sales Template feature. 

Right now, there is no way to set a default fallback value for tokens. 

HubSpot updates
6 Replies
Blink
Regular Contributor

I second this. We are using an Introductory Offer template to create opportunities for a new sales rep. Unfortunately, our list doesn't always include a company name, so it would save time to assign a default to that token, whether globally or for this specific template.

stevencns
New Contributor

I don't understand why the feauture exits in emails under the marketing platform but not in the sales email template.  I as well don't have all the came contact info for all contacts.  That means I have to manually take a token out and add in a default value. That leaves the possibilty to forget to do that.  

I hope hubspot makes this change soon.

toricook
Regular Contributor

Yes! The default token doesn't pull over sales emails. It's too easily missed and we may forget to update it if we are skimming emails relatively quickly.

brentholuta

100% agree! We really need this.

swooddesign
New Contributor

This is so frustrating! I just told my sales team that this was possible, because why wouldn't it be, only to discover it is not.

Doesn't make much sense for it not to work in Sales Templates as well. I have default values for some properties as "MISSING" so that they are easily noticed in emails. The sales team need the default values more than anyone since they are sending rapid-fire emails at times. Things will get missed, I can see it now.

Please fix!! 

jehlen
Occasional Contributor

Hubspot - please make default properties work for sales sequences / templates! I can't imagine a logical reason why the default properties would work for Marketing emails but not Sales. We are sending out sequences to a robust list of MQLs today and we're having to manually fill in "your company" for all of the contacts we have that still don't have company name identified (quite a few). This makes no sense!