HubSpot Ideas

WorkflowNinja

Default Product Discounts

Hello,

I would love to see the ability to set default discounts on certain products, to avoid reps having to edit the line items each time to add the discounts we use frequently on specific products. Ideally, this would be set on the product level. Alternatively, the ability to set discount when creating the deal would be a good secondary option... though not as effective as the first. 

Ideal...

WorkflowNinja_0-1607640285415.png

Alternate option...

WorkflowNinja_2-1607640519214.png

4 Comentários
BDuff
Participante

Agreed, default discounts means fewer manual changes/fewer errors. We'll always have the same discount on our annual subscriptions and it would be nice not to have to add the discount manually.

FernandoVW
Membro

Upvote!

I would like to have the possibility of completely deactivate the discount on certain products, both in the line item and in the global quote discount.

We sell hardware with discount, but our commisioning fees are non-deductable.

2x PRODUCT A -> 100€/each -> 25% discount -> 150€

2x PRODUCT B -> 200€/each -> 25% discount -> 300€

1x SERVICE -> 1000€/each -> NO DISCOUNT POSSIBLE -> 1000€

-------

SUBTOTAL: 1450€

DEAL DISCOUNT 10% -> 45€ (only on discountable products)

----

TOTAL: 1405€

FMaher
Colaborador(a)

We include 'optional' line items in our deals (which then populate to our contract directly from HubSpot). We implement applications, so the deal includes the implemenation fee, however we add 'optional' items for work the client isn't sure they want yet. Then when the project is being implemented, the Project Manager can see the price the client has been quoted for the items directly in the deal, knowing the pricing has been aprpoved, and can include the work immediately as part of the implementation.

This allows us to close a deal quickly without waiting for the client to make up their mind about add ons.

To cater for this  - we add 100% discount on optional line items and change the name of the line item to include 'Optional'.
To help with this - I've created an 'Optional' folder with the required pricing and wording. However - the Sales Consultants still need to remember to add a 100% discount to the line item so the optional items are not included in our reporting - and the optional line items populate the 'Optional Add Ons' pricing table in our contracts.
I want to be able to save those optional line items with the 100% discount to avoid the manual editing by sales consultants at contract stage.

ETan4
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

Might be different to this but similar idea would be having a way to apply discounts to specific customers as well so that we don't need to update line items manually. For example, if a customer is a certain tier, then automatically apply a set discount for that customer tier.