HubSpot Ideas

Pritanshi

Deduplication of contacts using phone number

In many countries, Email IDs are not as prevalent as phone numbers. Many of the contacts don't have mail ids but phone numbers. Hence while importing 100s of contacts to hubspot, it's important to make sure no duplicate records with same phone numbers are uploaded. This feature is very much needed.

53件のコメント
woody
投稿者

This is a great idea and a very urgent need for Hubspot users in other countries outside the US. I think email is only important to Americans. In other countries, people tend to use phone numbers, Facebook messenger or other chat applications to communicate with each other, especially at work when the need for high-speed communication is the norm. For most countries outside the US, phone number is a better identifiable property than email. Imagine we have 100 contacts in Hubspot, these 100 contacts have 100 phone numbers, but only 15 contacts have email. 

The phone number, not the email, is the factor determining whether 2 contacts are duplicated or not. 

YEKHAUNG
メンバー

Waiting for this feature to identify the duplication of Phone number in Hubspot.

Santiago3
メンバー

It is a shame that we have to be asking and voting for such a necessary and basic functionality, so easy to achieve. Please do it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

DRenton
メンバー

In addition to Phone Number can the HubSpot machine also begin comparing Names? Name and Phone Number would seem two obvious and effective data points to factor into deduplication, especially when many people have multiple email accounts (person, work, etc.) but I'd guess far fewer would have multiple Names or Phone Numbers! Thanks 

Lmiahhh
参加者

Upvoting, I would love to see this for Phone numbers, company names, and other fields that a Sale team would not want any crossover on.

OGonzalez
メンバー

I agree, in fact we have a problem duplicating contacts just because the email isn't our first conversation way with the clients.

ismail_sultan
メンバー

This is very basic and should be available by default.

LTremblay
メンバー

I'm looking to move from Excel file to HubSpot but at least Excel can highlight duplicate phone numbers.

Insane that you need to pay 450$/month to unlock simple duplicate management. 

dfreund
メンバー

please! this is very important to have the ability to manage duplicates. if the excel could do it with this amount of data we wouldn't be using any crm service - this was the whole point to begin with

JonSpot
メンバー

We will move to Salesforce if this is not implemented before Q2 2022

RMercer
メンバー

This is still desparately needed as a basic product feature.

LDenny
メンバー

Badly needed. We currently have alot of customers who don't know an email address if the top of the head. Or some will have multiple email address and not know which one to give.  Fasinated this hasnt been implemented yet. 

JonSpot
メンバー

+1

AJGiri
メンバー

+100

Ajitg03
メンバー

Definitely need this!

CraigAugust
メンバー

Much needed

ChoThae
参加者

Agree to this idea!

TMyatNoe
投稿者

It is a urgent need!

MVG12
メンバー

Many of our clients call us instead of emailing; therefore, we have several duplicate contacts related to their phone numbers and not their email addresses. I got to this thread searching for a solution, and I find it frustrating that this is something people have been asking since 2019 and hasn't been implemented yet.

sguptajpr
メンバー

this feature is urgently needed