HubSpot Ideas

llegault

Deduplicate new deals during import or API creation

As we can see in the following article, there is no mention of deduplicating deals during creation. Only feature is to use Deal ID after the deal has already been created.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets#automatic-...

Deal ID does not help when it comes to creating new deals. Deal ID only helps when updating existing deals after they have already been created.

So, what if a user wants to import a list of new deals and wants to ensure they avoid any accidental duplicates? Or what if they are using the API, and again, want to avoid possible duplicates?

I suggest the addition of a new property or make an existing property on deals be the deal's unique identifier. This would be to solve for the time of creation, not after creation. Thanks for your consideration! 

1 Reply
mishaherscu

I think there needs to be more flexible deduping of deals.

I am trying to create deals based on adding emails to a label in Gmail via Zapier. I have it so that if I label an email with the new deal label it shows up in HubSpot. However, if there is already a deal with that person's email address (or a company where that contact works), then I'd like the deal to get deleted (with an automated workflow). I don't see a way to do that in HubSpot, and searching the companies and contacts isn't available in Zapier.