HubSpot Ideas

rjurbala

Decimal Points and Format of Deals in Board View

Recently decimal places have been added to the deal amounts when viewed in Board View. It should be an optional setting to have these or not, whichever makes sense for the individuals use. 

In addition, the deal amount and description used to be on two separate lines - they are now combined on one line which is confusing and unclear. This should at least be optional as well. 

33 Replies
PerrynOlson

Agreed. My company deals with large projects in the millions of dollars and the decimals just make everything more complex. 

dgrover

1000% agree. This makes HubSpot look juvenile compared to Salesforce reporting capabilities. Please note that items like this add to our desire to move our pipeline management to Salesforce. 

GavinL
Participant

adding my 2c here - the default should be no decimal points - and the user can be given the option to add these if they wabnt to

there is lots of feedback on this issue, and would have thought it would be fairly easy to resolve - so be good to get an ETA (if not also an explanation why its taking so long to address this)

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

This should be added as fast as possible. I have clients wishing to remove demicals in their CRM.

mprichodko
Participant

Yes please!!!

ishanahan1

Upvote. This is badly needed and long overdue.

MadsNissen
Participant

no decimals pls. 

AJT
Contributor

Agreed. To take a step further, any currency amount should have the option of showing cents or not.

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Any news regarding this?

JayG22

Not only should there be an option to display cents, it should be consistent.  If you choose to display them then always show them even if it is ".00".  Right now it is in consistent as amounts with no cents show without them and ones with cents have the decimal places.  For example 800 shows  as "$800" and 750.15 shows as "$750.15".  It's hard to look at multiple numbers on a screen with inconsistent formatting.   

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

👋 Hello Community members,

We've recently decluttered the board view, simplifying how amounts appear. All users will now see currency amounts on the board auto-formatted as follows:

• Rounded up to the nearest whole number
  • Amounts over 1 million will be abbreviated (e.g. 1.2M)
  • Amounts under 1 million will appear in full, up to the nearest whole number (e.g. 999,999)

For more information, please see this Knowledge Base article

As always, thank you for your feedback!

Jeannie

Gabriel_Guigue
Contributor

Thanks Jeannie for this nice enhancement, but when can we expect the same currency roundings to be applied to all reports, and not just the Deals Board view?

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Gabriel_Guigue, would you mind posting this idea for Reporting specifically? This idea was for the board view and that's what my team and I oversee. Thank you!