HubSpot Ideas

BFowler

Deals Filtering For Past Deal Owner

Hi All,

We are looking for some help with the filters on the deal board. Currently with the filters section you can have it by owner but we are looking for the option of was once the owner or something similar to this. Essentially we have had a staff leave and such all her deals now need to be moved to another owner. It would be great if we had a simple filter to see which ones were her old ones. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
6 Replies
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@BFowler did you delete the former employee's hubspot account? If you did not, the ownership of the deals should still be in tact and you can still filter by their user. There is a way to remove access for team members without deleting their account, which resolves this issue and a whole bunch of other possible issues.

If you did delete, you can setup a reverse filter - contact owner is none of and choose everyone still on your team. This should leave all of the remaining deals as those owned by the previous team member.

BFowler

Hi @Jnix284 

So we have moved all the deals to the new sales member who will be taking over them and we would like this to be the case with the marketing emails and workflows that are set up to come from them. We are really just looking for a filter section in the deals overview for past owner details.

Thanks

Jnix284

@BFowler oh, I'm sorry if I misunderstood, I thought you were looking for a way to identify the deals to reassign them.

That's a tough one, have you tried setting up a list or filtered view where you add a filter for deal owner = (new owner) and then owner assigned date = (date you reassigned). You still might have a few you have to manually filter out that belong to the correct owner, but adding create date ≠ (date you reassigned) that might help filter new deals out.

owner-assigned.png

BFowler

Hi @Jnix284 

We have been using the owner assigned date feature and it is a feature we will likely have to continue using.

It's more that our sales team members are a bit older and such that having to set the filter for between date for owner assigned dates just isn't something that they are great with. 

So we were hoping for something a bit easier.

Thanks

Jnix284

@BFowlerI understand, it would be nice to access the history of a property. I was only trying to brainstorm a solution that might work for you since it is an immediate need and it might take a while for the idea/possibility to be implemented.  To make it simpler for your sales team, you could create a property to identify the deals/contacts (previous owner = (name)), using the specific criteria above in a workflow to set the new property and then your sales team members could just use that single field to work from?

Hope this helps a little in the meanwhile!

BFowler

Hi @Jnix284 
Yeh that's a pretty great idea actually.

I might set that up for the guys,

Cheers for your help there.

That certainly seems like a solution to our issues.