HubSpot Ideas

Trent

Deals - Automatically Associate A Consecutive Number To Each New Deal

When creating a deal it would be good if there could be a 4 or 5 digit number automatically associated with the deal, (so the Hubspot system automatically associates it in a consecutive order) so that the deal can easily be referenced on all files etc of the deal, and it is easy to find in future. 

The issue we face is that we may have the same company, with the same contact, with very similar deals running at the same time (for different projects etc) so these are easily confused. 

Though each deal is automatically associated with a Deal ID (which appears in the URL), it is unsearchable, and it is an 8 digit number which is not so user friendly. It would be good to have a field with an auto number calculator or something similar, which is searchable, and auto added to each deal when it is created in a consecutive sequence.  

Could Hubspot add an 'auto-number-generator' as an option for deal creations? 

Atualizações da HubSpot
Re: Deals - Automatically Associate A Consecutive Number To Each New Deal - changed to: Delivered
October 30, 2018 05:05 AM

Hello HubSpot Communty,

This is now available for all users - details are available in this Product Blog Post.

Re: Deals - Automatically Associate A Consecutive Number To Each New Deal
October 15, 2018 07:59 AM

Hi @acumen - please see the post above, this is now live in all portals. The property is named "deal id" and it is on each deal! It is also searchable and sortable. 

Re: Deals - Automatically Associate A Consecutive Number To Each New Deal
September 06, 2018 09:11 AM

Hello HubSpot community,

I'm happy to let you all know that Deal ID is now included as a property on all deals. This ID can be searched and used in views, just like any other property. The Deal ID is generated automatically when a deal is created, and will be created in sequential order. This ID is also uneditable. Please feel free to post on this thread if you have any questions! 

- Dylan  

26 Comentários
Leigh_Simpson
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

I'm looking for a solution to this too.  It is creating serious friction for two clients right now.

I've checked the solution, the Deal ID numbers are not sequential - 3576609470 and 3576276419 for two deals created 10 seconds apart, and the Deal ID is NOT searchable in the Deal table, only in the global search.

This should be simple to fix and is provided on so many other CRM systems.  I can't promote the virtues of HubSpot on one hand as the 'single source of truth' for your sales and marketing with the caveat "you need a spreadsheet to log your jobs against a deal ref".

Please get this sorted properly HubSpot

RThirlway
Membro

Why is Hubspot so relucant to do this? I don't understand. When we had Zoho, this was a feature that really helped us track and allocated deals, I'm considering going back as I agree, if you are transacting widgets on the web it's fine as is, but not for what we do. The request for this feature goes back to 2018 and nothing of any help has been offered, other than me having to use Zapier and Google Sheet if I want to acheive this. 

RichS
Membro
We agree, why is this so hard? Why is this taking so long to implement?
MikeBolton
Membro

Hi Hubspot - What is the current status on this and related threads?

AHWSOL
Membro

Hi!

From what I can tell, there are still no sequential deal numbers (some created the same day begins with a 9 and some with an 8??).
I've seen other ideas here about the deal id beginning with specific letters or number combinations followed by sequential number to differentiate between business areas, sales representative who created the deal etc. We used to use "OF" for offer and then the sales representatives first letter (small company) e.g. OFX and then a sequential number. It would be great if the deal IDs at least were sequential.

RThirlway
Membro

I don't think Hubspot are interested. In the end we have had to use Zapier to acheive this. For us it is two Google Sheets and endless rows of AMV-[Number] for customer account number and then AMV-SR[Number] for Service References. The problem then is that hubspot will not search on these references. It's pretty poor, possibly the worst CRM I have ever used in truth. Really lacks some very basic functionality and they appear to have no interest in resolving it. Original post about this was in 2017..................