HubSpot Ideas

christa

Deal workflow enrollment with list membership and event properties

The deal enrollment criteria for workflows has it's limitations. There are work arounds but that is cumbersome and shouldn't be required.

I would like to see list membership allowed for deal enrollment. I would like to see the option to include behavior events as an enrollment option when creating deal workflows as well.

I have not been using deal workflows in a number of situations because I'm unable to set the enrollment using these options.

4 Replies
mparsons
HubSpot Employee

I agree on this. Specifically, Christa was looking to be able to create a deals workflow trigger based on the associated contact's list membership, which is not currently possible since list membership is not technically a contact property. Additionally, many issues related here would be solved if it were possible to create a contact-based workflow in which changes can be made to properties only on specific associated deals, instead of having these steps apply to all associated deals. 

JDonald1
Participant

This is really a no-brainer- we need to be able to use list membership as an enrollment criteria foir deal-based workflows. And vice-versa, allow deals object based lists...

fiberpunk
Contributor

Yes this is really needed! It is honestly disappointing that certain limitations require us to find workarounds, only to end up with different arbitrary limitations tied to the workarounds ... 😞

LHayden

+1 to this, just ran into the same thing of needing to create a deals workflow trigger based on the associated contact's list membership. We turned it into a contact-based workflow using an associated deal property, but it's still not ideal because the deal property options for this are not exactly what we needed (e.g. we want it to be based on the close date of a deal in a specific pipeline, but the only option is "most recent closed deal date" which could cause issues if there's more than one closed deal). This is for an anniversary email workflow that I thought would be simple, but every time we try to pull data from both contacts and deals we seem to run into some sort of limitation.