HubSpot Ideas

VNaumchak

Deal stages to be mandatory

Hello, is there a way to make every deal stage mandatory to pass to the next stage? This would be extremely helpful with conversion rates, as they are impossible to retrieve as long as some deals skip some stages when enetered. 

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
February 02, 2024 05:24 PM

Hi everyone, we've been rolling out the Deal Pipeline Rules feature and by Monday, February 5th, all HubSpot accounts on Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise will have access. Here's the Knowledge Base article with more details.  

Our team is working to develop further enhancements to this feature. We look forward to making the next iteration available to you later this year. Cheers!

In Beta
November 27, 2023 01:12 PM

👋 Hi fellow community members,

I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in public beta. Click here to join!

Once you've had a chance to use the feature, please share your thoughts through the in-app survey. I will be reviewing all your feedback, to help prioritize future enhancements.

Cheers,
Jeannie

In Beta
November 14, 2023 11:18 AM

Hi fellow community members!

Our private beta is closed and currently in-progress. I'll post again with an update once we are ready to move to public beta.

Thank you for your interest in testing this feature.

Cheers,
Jeannie

In Planning
October 03, 2023 01:37 PM

👋 Hello community members!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and support for this idea. I'm happy to share that we're working on a solution for this.

We're looking to run a small early access group in the coming weeks. Space is limited, so please join our waitlist via this form if you're interested in getting early access. Note: Only available to super admin users and for customers on a Professional or Enterprise plan.

I look forward to sharing more updates in the coming weeks!

22 Replies
MatthieuDumont
Participant

good idea! 

LRMTL

YES!

WilianFP
Participant | Gold Partner

Excellent idea. I need this functionality too.

WagnerPatra
Participant

Without this functionality, the deal funnel fails.  You cannot get an accurate understanding of Deal Conversion by stage as deals can jump from 2 to 4, by passing 3.  This is in Salesforce and Marketo - I've used those both.  its not a hard change but would make your deal funnel reporting useful, right now, its not.

KLeschyshyn
Contributor

Extremely needed. I have no idea how to calculate our Deal and Contact conversion rates just because some of them have not gone through EACH stage. 

JRobinson22

Absolutely needed. Especially given the conversion rate reporting functionality. 

KLeschyshyn
Contributor

Seems that have added this. I was creating a funnel report yesterday and it gave me two options: 
- calculate deals that passed through any of the stages 

- or only Deal that went through all of the stages 

this is helpful 

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 11.28.45.png

WagnerPatra
Participant

KLeschyshyn  - that is the report.  We are talking about making each stage required at the deal object.  Otherwise, it's impossible to find time in stage metrics. 

KLeschyshyn
Contributor

oh, I was all in reporting recently and the new funnel reports somewhat cover it.

But you're right - making Deal stages mandatory would make it way better! 🙌

MGonzálezdelC
HubSpot Employee

Hey team! Do we have any updates on this idea (making deal stages mandatory)? we definitely need this product update!

I recently had a case where they need this on specific deal stages, so not all of them being mandatory. Thanks! 

MKazmierski

Hi there,

Thats a feature that definitely would be helpfull, otherwise the conversion rate analysis by step (where we can actually improve) is always depending on the sales team alignment in "passing thruoght" all the phases, which in reality is unfortunatelly not reliable for many reasons.

DCiocca
Participant

I agree. I just wrote in about this as I was attempting to implement this as well. This would help tremendously with reporting. Sales reps compliance is never going to be 100% so this is one way to help combat that.

Ktamir
Participant | Platinum Partner

Very much needed...

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

👋 Hello community members!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and support for this idea. I'm happy to share that we're working on a solution for this.

We're looking to run a small early access group in the coming weeks. Space is limited, so please join our waitlist via this form if you're interested in getting early access. Note: Only available to super admin users and for customers on a Professional or Enterprise plan.

I look forward to sharing more updates in the coming weeks!

Susanne12
Contributor

Hi @JeannieN 

do you already have an idea when this solution will go live (even as a beta)? Thank you!

MTesch

Any updates or access to a private early access stage or beta would be highly welcome from our side.

as we need this feature for our reporting and forecasting accuracy.

tmitch_sona
Participant

Hi - I'm also in requirement of this feature asap - any timeframe ideas would be appreciated.

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi fellow community members!

Our private beta is closed and currently in-progress. I'll post again with an update once we are ready to move to public beta.

Thank you for your interest in testing this feature.

Cheers,
Jeannie

AWeston7

Just adding onto this chain so I can be updated when this feature comes. 

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

👋 Hi fellow community members,

I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in public beta. Click here to join!

Once you've had a chance to use the feature, please share your thoughts through the in-app survey. I will be reviewing all your feedback, to help prioritize future enhancements.

Cheers,
Jeannie