HubSpot Ideas

Jeffress

Deal "Last Activity" show actual last activity

The "last activity date" of a deal should be updated to include any person or company that is associated with the deal. If your business, like ours, is focused on deals that could have a single company and multiple stakeholders, I need a view that shows when the last time anyone who is claimed under the deal has been touched. This should also apply for sequences that fall under the deal. 

8 Replies
BradM

I agree with Jeffress.  Our deals (aka opportunities) have multiple stakeholders associated with them.  So any activities associated with a person should be reflected on the deal.  As it stands today, a rep has to make a choice - book the activity to the contact (and not have it reflected on the deal), or book it to the deal (and not have it show when they last spoke w a person).  We need both.

Stanczak
Contributor

Agreed with both BradM and Jeffress. This should roll into a "Number of times contacted" type property for the deal itself.

We're trying to understand communication as it relates to duration of a deal in the pipeline (or a specific stage of the pipeline). Not just "are we on top of it", but also when is something atypical happening? For example, how much communication has there been since a deal moved to its current stage? How much communication on average do deals in this stage typically require before moving to the next stage? Etc.

Emily2
Participant

NEXT activity date within a deal would also be a great idea

@Jeffress wrote:

The "last activity date" of a deal should be updated to include any person or company that is associated with the deal. If your business, like ours, is focused on deals that could have a single company and multiple stakeholders, I need a view that shows when the last time anyone who is claimed under the deal has been touched. This should also apply for sequences that fall under the deal. 

SK722

Totally agreed with everyone on this.

The Last Contacted and Last Activity Date properties on deal records will only reflect activities logged directly on the deal and will not be impacted by activities on the associated contact and company records. However, activities from contact and company records will still appear on the associated deal timeline. 

This makes it VERY challenging for us to see a quick snapshot of when someone last worked a deal. We also use our Deals to track an overview of what each rep is doing and would be very helpful for us to be able to see this information in the deal record. 

atramer
Contributor

It would be great when I click into see history for "Last Modified Date" from the Deal Page, it would show what actual field was modified, and not just the date. 

Thanks

slucas
Contributor

It would also be great if the "last activity date" criteria in the Marketing Lists function would allow an "is more than" or "is less than" option, to be able to effectively use it in a Smart List.

Andrew3
Contributor

"is more than" and "is less than" options appear in the "Last Activity Date" and "Last Contacted Date" when using these properties within workflows.  However, these options are not available when creating filters for contact lists.

Agree with everyone here.  Especially with @slucas.

Mayayo

I agree. we need to be able to note when a deal was last active and it is necessarily dependent on the last communication we had with the associated contact.