HubSpot Ideas

lukewd

Deal Workflow Action: Create Project (from Template)

I would like to suggest creating a new Workflow Action which allows me to create a Project (from a pre-defined Template), and assign a user/team.

Use Case: We use Projects for customer onboarding after a deal is won. We have a Project template which takes us through a checklist of required tasks to get a customer over the line. I would like to use Automation/Workflows to enable me to trigger an Action which creates a new "Implenentation/Onboarding" project for the client/company of the Deal when the deal is won.

9 Replies
trichardx

Same request here with the additional need to use workflows to create the next ticket in the project. I'm struggling finding a way to create a ticket from a template (with tasks) inside of a workflow. 

amandahen

We use deals to sell a service offering with multiple checkpoints. The ability to auto-create a checklist based on our products sold in projects would be ideal.

JohnDelaney

I also agree with this. We could definitely use this feature in our business.

whitneycmg

I would love this functionality. We use projects for each event or partner deliverable and this would improve the workflow. 

TheJerro

This is key! I would love love love to see this.

dmessmer
Participant

I also would love to see this as a tool for onboarding.

AJFenlason

This would be a solid addition. Current process

1. Deal is marked Closed Won

2. Triggers Workflow to Create a Task with a Link to the Project Template

3. Team has to manually create the project

4. Team has to manually assign all tasks

If this could be automated it would save a ton of time and make for a more seamless onboarding process for all new clients. 

tjones
Contributor | Elite Partner

So we have a slightly different but related use case, or the next step for the first use case listed above.  Once the project is created from the deal closed, or if mirrored/synced from a 3rd party PM tool (ClickUp, Asana, Trello) then I think you should be able to trigger workflows from tasks completed.

Our idea is that you could then automate notifications to a company contact or group of contacts when tasks are completed.  This could provide a great UX for customers during onboarding, or PM to help ensure that clients are aware of progress.

It could be that you just want to use a specific template every time a task is completed, or that you want to trigger a full-blown workflow that notifies the client, PM, other team members, external vendors, or partners (for example notifying a fulfillment company to send the client a gift).

The catch here is that the people you want to notify should not necessarily be assigned to the project, but can just be a contact in your portal.  This may mean that the projects would need to be tied to the company or to the contact as a task would be.

I'm pretty certain this would be useful for most HS Partners, but also for HS clients across most industries.

doughj
Member | Elite Partner

This would be great functionality that our clients could make use of as well.