HubSpot Ideas

rtruncale

Deal Stage Prompt Logic

One of the features I love about HubSpot is the Deal Stage prompts when moving a deal to a specific stage. We require quite a bit of data when moving a deal to a specific stage. As much as I love the deal prompts, one of the biggest complaints and issues we have is the lack of conditional logic with this process. Because we do need to collect A LOT of important business info, we have to add many extra fields regardless if the field is relevant to that deal or not.

As an example, if we provide financial assistance to a client, we require the deal owner to input all information about this, the payout dates, notes on the payments and client, etc. However, if a deal does not require any of this, the prompt still appears because no logic is available.

Is HubSpot considering deal prompt logic? Does anyone else experience similar problems? We've tried making our sales guys update sections on the deal record, but this is next to impossible. Their focus is closing business, not data fields.

2 Replies
jj12stars
Contributor

I just replied to a similar post titled "Applying Logic to Deal Properties". Here's what I said. Have you resolved this?

Yes! This is very important to us, especially since we have some fields we require in order to move deals to different stages in our pipeline. The biggest help for us would be regarding recurring billing. About half of our deals have products that we need to collect information for recurring billing, so requiring that they gather that information to move to the next pipeline stage is not possible - we would have half our team getting really mad on half of our deals that they have to put in n/a on a bunch of fields. Besides being annoying, that would be super-inefficient. 

Levi
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Yes please!!