HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

559 Replies
SKester

We are five years into this suggestion. It is inconceivable that any CRM package supporting a SAAS model would not have this capability. Please provide an update ASAP on when this baseline functionality for SAAS businesses will be included in the baseline CRM system. 

SusanH

I agree ... Hubspot's lack of priority on this issue is truly inconceivable!!

Alora

Please add for project-based companies it would be very helpful for their business models!

PChambers

$19 or $29 a month to duplicate deals, a feature that should be free, is ridiculous. But thanks for the suggestion. 

HWilliams4
Contributor

This is a really simple function that should have been introduced years ago. The amount of continued interest over the last 5 years and countless community posts should be a sign to prioritise this update!

DTadd1
Participant

This needs to work for other object types, including custom objects. My sales team has a custom object that they use more frequently than deals, called "Job Openings." Quite often they will create several new job openinings at a time that are unique but have identitcal information. 

Other CRM's offer cloning/duplicating records as a feature. It is strange to me that this has been on the idea board for several years now. How can we move it forward?

JWhittle

Adding my vote onto this one. As a business who does a lot of transactions with annual recurring business as well as in contract growth/expansions this option would save a lot of time if we could clone from the last deal and only update a small amount of into that is changing. ie date and amounts

SKester
For the team - someone at my company found this app - which while not
perfect does 80% of the job, and the baseline version is free.

https://www.instrumental.net/en/deal-duplicator-for-hubspot

DTadd1
Participant

@SKester that app is good for deals. I've reached out to this company and other similar apps and a few of them have plans to make their tool work with custom objects, I havent found any that currently do. I'm just mentioning this in hopes that others will reach out as well, and also so that HubSpot will also implement this feature for custom objects when/if they do for deals.

Evans4316
Contributor

When I think of cloning a deal, I usually think about being able to do one-off clones.

For us, we also have annual renewals for multiple customers. I'm not sure how cloning a deal would work for that. What I'm doing right now is that I create a file from our external database with all of the deal fields and import the deals into HBS.  An alternative is to export deal info using HBS reports, tweak the data and then import the new deal into HBS.

SusanH

The whole point of a CRM is to be able to do simple/basic things such as cloning a deal.  The fact that we all have to use an external source/process for this is utterly ridiculous.    We still fail to hear from Hubspot on why they think this is a difficult thing to do or not worthy of their so called CRM.    WAKE UP HUBSPOT, IT'S 2022 ... AND ALL WE ASK FOR IS A SIMPLE BASIC CRM FUNCTIONALITY!!!

lgancarz

We are a SaaS company with yearly renewals, and pricing doesn't often change too much. It would be great to be able to clone deals and just update dates as needed.

abrow
Contributor

Top rated request in the whole forum and yet 'not planned' 😬

AMariani
Participant

y'all....this is realy absurd. Everyone on this forum already knows the obvious, it is a basic functionality that should have been out of the box on the first build and this feature is HIGHLY requested. Makes me think there is something going on with $$ from other third party solutions. It is absurd the consumer has to pay additional monthly fees just to gain this functionality... something else is going on here. 

finaDevin
Participant

Have to say I'm really surprised this wasn't part of the original functionality. Is this still being targeted on the road map? Thanks.

GHeiman

Somewhat surprised that year after year Hubspot still hasn't been able to release the cloning feature. Quite tedious to need to copy all fields from one deal to another when they are almost identical.

Jacob_321
Participant

Any news? Seems like this is a high request

funinjerusalem

I agree this is really important and shouldnt require an outside app to do it. 

The functionality would be to clone a deal and keep th exitsing contacts and company connected. Then just have the option to update start dates and any other property that needs updating. Thank you!

JET

Cloning deals is essential functionality for subscirption based companies.  Without this functionality, it is extremely manual to copy all fields over.  Please keep us posted on this rollout.  Understand limited resources but this has been pending for 6 years now...

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you all for your incredible patience. We reckon an update is warranted. 

Unfortunately, this idea remains unplanned. The team is currently planning some really valuable, high-impact features (e.g. team goals, deal overlays, color coding the deals board) that fall higher on the priority list. We can't take this on. But we understand the need and see the value in a cloning feature. 

Fortunately, there's a workaround. You can use workflows to create a new deal and copy data from the existing deal. 

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool.