HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

559 Replies
DLaw

YES! I need this working in Education Recruitment I have 3 or 4 roles for the same client and spec and need a quick way of duplicating them! 

SeshClients

$19/month seems a little high for this functionality. This is something that I agree with on the original poster about that it should come as a basic button function, as it did in 2 other CRM's I've used. I'd be open to this if it were free for 1 clone button, but costs for additional cloning buttons. Just an opinion.

Dostiguy
Member | Gold Partner

Can we have someone from Hubspot to step in here ? 

Original idea was submitted over 4 years ago and have more than 20 pages of comments backing this idea.

I am really dissapointed by how you guys at Hubspot give little to no feedback as if you don't care about your consumer's needs.

This feature isn't a big thing to implement and this could save everyone a lot of time.

@hubspot what do you have to say about this thread??

colbertcc

We can clone quotes in hubspot. We cannot clone deals in hubspot. It should be a feature in hubspot. we should not have to purchase an outside vendor's application to do so.

Very disappointing.

DODonnell0

Being able to clone deals would be a big asset to my sales team as we have many reoccurring deals, however they are not at set times so the workflow does not work.  Being able to clone/duplicate a deal we reduce time in re-entering line items, descriptions, costs, contacts, etc. This would save considerable amounts of time as well and preventing mistakes on a reoccurring deal.  If this could be considered for future versions it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Rosa
Participant

How has this been going since 2017 and not been implemented yet?!

Please can you add to the priorities list? Thanks!

AMariani
Participant

Please make this happen, it would be so helpful!

PChaveriat

Cannot agree more. 

Using hubspot for recurring revenue is a still a bit of a hack, but cloning a deal would make it so much less of a lift - and seems like super simple functinality to add (right??)

MWeber2

We are using Clone Attack for HubSpot till the feature ist released. 🙂 Clone Attack works like a charm.

PChaveriat

Thanks MWeber2!! Very helpful will check it out.

DODonnell0

Hello, @MWeber2 Thank you.  Does this clone the quote within the deal as well, or just the company/contact data? We reached out to clone attack and got mixed messages. 

Daxchemist
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey @DODonnell0!

Currently the HubSpot API doesn't allow us to dynamically create a quote via Clone Attack yet, so that isn't supported.

I am pleased to let the community know that we will be supporting clones via workflows this month! I will reach out to you all here once it is live.

DODonnell0

Hello, @Daxchemist 

Thank you. I think I should have asked, does it clone the "line items" within the deal? Creating a new quote is easy after that, but if can bring the line items with the contact/company information that would be a big time saver. 

Daxchemist
Participant | Elite Partner

@DODonnell0 Yes line items are able to be cloned when you clone a deal!

ALCarpenter

Any update on this?  Would be hugely beneficial for forecasting deals to be able to duplicate. 

SusanH

It appears that Hubspot has not yet put this on our radar (even though it's been like 5 years), so I don't believe we'll see anything any time soon.  We're on our own!!

SusanH

And I now see that they're also telling us now that the 'upvote count' is an error (per below).     Just comical at how they're handling this ....

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

SPotgieter

It's been FIVE years, Hubspot.

FIVE years to get a feature out that people are quite literally clamouring for.

Moving from Salesforce to Hubspot was supposed to make things more efficient, not impede things.

MRebakBA
Participant

Please get this done. We have renewals and additions throughout the year where the deal is the exact same and everything needs to be there, the only thing that changes is the quantity. It is extremely time-consuming to add all the needed details to the deals without the ability to clone.

SBoylan
Participant

Look HubSpot - this request is old. Cloning functionality is old, we're not asking for a brand-new technical challenge to be solved. What priorities are being (continually) pushed ahead of this? Lacking cloning gives your real users real pain, every day. Please fix it. Don't just pawn us off with "we have other things on our plate" - this is a basic.