HubSpot Ideas

kals

Deactived Users - Prevent New Assignments

When a user is deactivated, we would like HubSpot to stop assigning any new tasks, contacts, etc. to these individuals. For instance, workflows that are setup to round robin new leads should not give these leads to inactive users - someone who is active should be getting the leads.

While removing a user completely would resolve the assignement issue, we like the deactivate option to allow the company time to reassign leads, review templates the user owned, etc. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 11, 2023 06:08 AM

Good morning, everyone. Our changes to optimize assignment for inactive (deactivated, deleted, or removed) users have been released to all HubSpot portals. For more information on the changes we have made, please see the Product Update notes. If you find a use case that was not addressed, please open a new idea as this one is considered delivered.

In Planning
November 28, 2023 04:25 AM

Hello, everyone. Providing an update that in mid-December we will finish releasing a change for inboxes and help desk to hide deactivated users from reassignment. Equally, there were changes made recently for workflow assignment that ignores deactivated users who are part of a 'Rotate Owner' action, so assignment via workflows should also not be assigning to deactivated users. 

4 Replies
chadsideris
Contributor

I ran into a similar issue today in two parts.

1. The deactivation of a user does not remove them from a team, so workflows that assign based on team continued to reeceive leads after deactivation.

2. The deactivation of a user does not remove them from workflow actions where they are specifically named.

-- We have a priority queue that new team members are on, which we cannot assign with a team because only primary team can be used for round robining. This

It was my understanding that deactivation's advantage over deletion was that it had basically the same affects on the user, but prevented the loss of data associated with the deletion of a user, so I have had my team deactivate users instead of delete them.

I feel deactivation would be a lot more useful if it also removed users from being assigned tasks or contacts in workflows.

RRea7

Hey @chadsideris and @kals! Just digging up this old thread, did either of you happen to find a solution? Currently dealing with this problem now and there doesn't seem to be a fix yet.

jdemello
HubSpot Product Team

Hello, everyone. Providing an update that in mid-December we will finish releasing a change for inboxes and help desk to hide deactivated users from reassignment. Equally, there were changes made recently for workflow assignment that ignores deactivated users who are part of a 'Rotate Owner' action, so assignment via workflows should also not be assigning to deactivated users. 

jdemello
HubSpot Product Team

Good morning, everyone. Our changes to optimize assignment for inactive (deactivated, deleted, or removed) users have been released to all HubSpot portals. For more information on the changes we have made, please see the Product Update notes. If you find a use case that was not addressed, please open a new idea as this one is considered delivered.