HubSpot Ideas

virginiam

Calculate and Report on the Time between Two Properties

I would like to create a custom report where i can see how much time my contacts spend in each stage of their Contact Lifecycle. I am looking for something much like the "time in deal stage" available for deals.

I know that hubspot has the "became a lead date", "became an opportunity", "became a customer date" properties, but I can't seem to get any good report using these.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
July 17, 2020 10:49 AM

Hey all! It's been awesome to see so much interest in the Time Between properties beta. After consulting with the team, I'm going to move up the public release of this feature to Monday. Hang tight over the weekend and you'll have this feature soon! With that update, I am marking this community post as "delivered".

There were a whole bunch of comments added on to this post that are really about current time in stage, which as I mentioned previously, is a separate challenge altogether and something that will take considerable research to do right.

To make sure your input is heard, please take the conversation about that topic over to this Community post. Give it plenty of upvotes if you care, so we can prioritize it properly. Thanks!

In Beta
July 13, 2020 03:29 PM

Hey all! It was really informative (if a little painful at times) to read all the comments on this post.

Excited to share we've released a new kind of calculated property into beta: "Time Between" properties.

Time Between properties take two existing date properties (like "became a lead date" and "became a customer date") and calculates the duration between them. It's just what you need for creating reports like "average time spent in lifecycle stage" or "average time for Enterprise leads from initial conversion to Go Live", etc. The feedback on the beta so far has been terrific, we're on target to release to all Pro and Enterprise customers in the coming weeks. If you want into the beta, just reply to this update and I'll get your hubs added.

Next: There are SO MANY comments on this post about wanting to measure time spent from entering a stage to today. I want to re-iterate that while that seems basic, creating that functionality that also works with the rest of the HubSpot tools (like Workflows and Reportings) is incredibly difficult to do well and at scale. While that functionality is not part of the initial Time Between properties launch, we are working very hard (think multiple conversations with many, many smart HubSpotters weekly) to figure out how we can make it work. I look forward to updating you all on that soon.

Re: Create "Time in Lifecycle stage" report - changed to: Being Reviewed
April 09, 2020 11:15 AM

We are investigating building out a "Time in Lifecycle Stage" report to provide more insights into contact changes. 

181 Replies
Luisa
Participant

Totally agree. If you work with the sales funnel and the different stages, it is necessary to report how much time a contact spends in each stage.

JDUnymira
Participant

This is a great idea. It's definitely a must-have and the data is already in Hubspoit. The issue is also for contacts who come in directly as MQLs vs. as basic leads. 

SteveMatlick
Contributor

Time spent on a ticket is a valuable measurement for many organizations.   While total ticket age (difference between ticket create and close dates) shows how long tickets remain open understanding the actual time spent working on a ticket is important for many reasons (support costing, workforce management, hiring needs, etc.)

It would be great to have something like this added to HubSpot.

SteveMatlick
Contributor

Being able to measure, report on, and understand the time spent within each stage of a ticket is very important.  Just as Sales needs to understand what may be holding up the sales process on a given deal or if a specific stage is becoming a bottleneck the same applies on the Service side.   Knowing Avg Time in Stage can help improve both onboarding and support efficiency.

krispag
Top Contributor

This would also be incredibly helpful for deal stages. Time spent in each deal stage.

mariuss
Participant

+1. Basic, but relevant feature.

abarosz
Participant

Hi,

I just finished reading this whole thread and can't believe this is still not a feature.

We also are trying to find a way to track the time a deal is stuck in a deal stage. We want to take it up a notch and send an automatic email to the account manager and his suprvisor with the deals they have stuck per X amount of time.

Seems like there are a lot of people asking for this features, @jsg121  can we have a re-evaluation here?

EranTsur

Hi, 

We really need to be able to alert our sales team on "stuck" leads, through one report mailer which canbe sent automatically, say- once a week... We are looking for a way that this report mailer will alert on the following:

* "You have 10 Leads that are currently still stuck in the same stage for more then ONE WEEK. These leads are: A, B, C..." 

* "You have 4 Leads that are currently still stuck in the same stage for more then TWO WEEKs. These leads are: D, E, F..." 

* "You have 3 Leads that are currently still stuck in the same stage for more then ONE MONTH. These leads are: G, H, I..." 

This is in the core of our team's productivity need... How come Hubspot does not have a way to setup that??? Isnt that a basic produstivity capabity? 

mcpaha
Contributor

This is must!! Basicly I really do not understand why HS is sooo slow for developing different reports and why they are open reporting "more" so I can manage myself more freely what I wanted to see...

BalthasarWyss
Participant

Is the "Time in deal Stage" still not available as a regular feature (i.e. without using the APIs)?

I am asking since most entries on the "Time in deal stage" topic are from back in 2017.

SteveMatlick
Contributor

Exporting of dates of when deals enter stages is critical to measuring deal velocity and for identifying potential bottlenecks during the Sales process.  The fact that these dates are already being captured by the CRM shows that HubSpot agrees with the idea that these dates provide value.  

The functionality to add these data points to a report already exists, it just currently displays that they are for 'chart only' and not exportable.  Exposing these dates and allowing them to be exportable would add even more value to HubSpot as a product and eliminate a current pain point.  

signix

New SVP just asked me for this report. I told him we'd have to hack it. Smiley Frustrated

CCS
Contributor

I used to be able to see time in deal stages in Pipedrive. You could set the goal time, and if a deal is longer in the stage it turns red.  It showed the times on the stage at each deal where Hubspot shows close date.  Our deals take nearly 8 months to close and we need the time shown in stage feature to see how long each deal sits in the stage so the customer team can follow up on those deals that are over their time in the stage.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

This is very critical in the sales process to understand how quickly a customer moves through lifecycle stages not only deal stages! Definitely an upvote on this one!

StephThy
Participant | Elite Partner

Omg please make this happen

jbfeig
Participant

+1, we very much need this!

tonyl

Please add this asap. Definitely needed. This is critical to SLA's around tickets.

aelam
Participant

This is a must-have for our use case.  We can't really get insights on how our pipeline is moving without knowing how long a ticket is in each stage. 

Thanks

SiykaM
Participant

We also need to track this.

Tim1234

Upping this as we definitely need this feature.