Dates Spent In Deal Stage

My team and I would really like to be able to export the dates that certain deals enter and leave specific stages of our deal. Our deal process is a little unique and takes quite a bit of time, and to be able evaluate the length of time specific deals are spending in certain stages would be huge for us. In addition, it would allow us to run reports on the specific deals that entered or left certain stages within a specified time frame. Thanks so much for taking the time to evaluate this. It would be incredibly helpful for us. 

HubSpot updates
Dates Spent In Deal StageHubSpot Product Team
changed to: Not Currently Planned
Friday

Hi all, thank you for the feedback! This is not something that we are focused on right now, so I'm updating the status to "Not Currently Planned." We'll let you know if anything changes!

44 Replies
MSween

Having the ability to easily see the "time in stage" regardless of when a deal was created is very important.  This was my first upvote after trying to create custom reports for the the past couple of days.

Thanks guys/gals

erijohns
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MSween-- Welcome aboard!

If you're looking for an interim solution, I've created a Google Sheet with a formula that does exactly what we're asking in this thread. I just export my Deals every week for a snapshot, run the formula, and I've got a data point. After 18+ weeks we're seeing really engaging trends. Said trends are way less optimistic than the Hubspot report would lead you to believe, of course, since with this sheet I'm able to include clients that are stuck in a particular stage, not just the clients who have moved from one stage to the next. 

Anyway. If you'd like to mess with the spreadsheet yourself, here it is! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nlsc1eyw6pIR8jSHGaBWyT28qEW1eWFyI05yQAMVUmA/edit?usp=sharing

Note that we've created three custom date fields that Sales and Customer Success manually update after a client's signed or gone live. Anyway, hope this helps someone besides me. I need to do a weekly export to get my data points, but it only takes me a couple minutes now. 

nburke333

I have a simlar request. I would like to see each deal as a horizontal multi-colored bar where each color in the bar represents a deal stage and the length of that color within the bar equals the time in that stage. The y-axis (vertical) woud be company name. Each company could have multiple bars in succession, horizontally, ensuring that you are always working on a deal for a particular customer. In my business we typically are looking to get a proposal in front of our clients quarterly. 

LeQuebecois
Occasional Contributor

Need this.

Ayang
New Contributor

+1. It will really help us understand whether certain deals have been stuck in a stage for too long and require our attention. Pipedrive has this function and it's very helpful.

C_Davis
New Contributor

This would be key to us understanding and improving pipeline performance.

aesimonton
New Contributor

Our organization would also like to be able to calcuate the number of days a deal is in a particular deal stage (while it is in the stage). Currently, I understand this feature only works looking backwards (i.e., it is calcualted after a deal moves from a specifics stage into another). 

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi All,

It is possible, using the "Time in Deal Stage" report to display a lot of the information that is requested in this thread.

The report is available in the Report Library/Sales/Deals view and can be customised to display data in table or bar format along with customising the info to show the Total time instead of the Average. You can also split the data by Deal Name instead of Close Date in order to have a clearer view of each deal in your portal.

time in deal stage.PNG

CCS
Regular Contributor

Can Hubspot try to have current time in stage like Pipedrive?  Deals turn red wen over timeframe. 

Pipedrive time in deal.JPG

dougDeep6AI
New Contributor

This doesn't appear to work for the stage it is currently in (always says 0), which effectively renders it useless.  And since you can't change column width, "TOTAL TIME IN STAGE X" gets truncated to "TOTAL TIME IN..." 

We're having to pay extra for other tool to get good reporting out of HubSpot.  It eventually has to be more than just a activity tracking tool.  We need to be bale to do more with the data we are capturing to drive sales.