HubSpot Ideas

virginiam

Calculate and Report on the Time between Two Properties

I would like to create a custom report where i can see how much time my contacts spend in each stage of their Contact Lifecycle. I am looking for something much like the "time in deal stage" available for deals.

I know that hubspot has the "became a lead date", "became an opportunity", "became a customer date" properties, but I can't seem to get any good report using these.

181 Replies
CarlosRomo
Contributor

This is very important to fix

RossHerman

This needs to happen as soon as possible as this is a major need in relation to forcasting and analysis for our buisness developemnt team.

ninafunnel

As many other users have already said I would also like to be able to track the time spend in a specific deal stage. Not only after someone left that stage, but during they are in that stage. I want to be able to spot deals that are lingering in a deal stage to long. 

MSween

Having the ability to easily see the "time in stage" regardless of when a deal was created is very important.  This was my first upvote after trying to create custom reports for the the past couple of days.

Thanks guys/gals

erijohns
Contributor

Hi @MSween-- Welcome aboard!

If you're looking for an interim solution, I've created a Google Sheet with a formula that does exactly what we're asking in this thread. I just export my Deals every week for a snapshot, run the formula, and I've got a data point. After 18+ weeks we're seeing really engaging trends. Said trends are way less optimistic than the Hubspot report would lead you to believe, of course, since with this sheet I'm able to include clients that are stuck in a particular stage, not just the clients who have moved from one stage to the next. 

Anyway. If you'd like to mess with the spreadsheet yourself, here it is! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nlsc1eyw6pIR8jSHGaBWyT28qEW1eWFyI05yQAMVUmA/edit?usp=sharing

Note that we've created three custom date fields that Sales and Customer Success manually update after a client's signed or gone live. Anyway, hope this helps someone besides me. I need to do a weekly export to get my data points, but it only takes me a couple minutes now. 

LJ_SUZUKI

+1

nburke333

I have a simlar request. I would like to see each deal as a horizontal multi-colored bar where each color in the bar represents a deal stage and the length of that color within the bar equals the time in that stage. The y-axis (vertical) woud be company name. Each company could have multiple bars in succession, horizontally, ensuring that you are always working on a deal for a particular customer. In my business we typically are looking to get a proposal in front of our clients quarterly. 

esugalski

Hubspotters -- it's a bit shocking that this is still an issue after being posted on the board for almost a year.  So much aboout Hubspot centers on the concepts of "lifecycle stages" and "conversion" from one stage to another. The primary visual offered (deal funnel) to represent these processes is providing false and misleading information.  Please fix!    

Andrew3
Contributor

This report as it currently sits creates havoc & frustration.  Please fix this.

Jorge

Hi,

There is already a very useful "Time in Deal Stage" panel. It would ver very useful to have a "Time in Lifecycle stage" one. 

Knowing how much time a contact spent in a stage and how much it takes to move thorugh the pipeline is a nice metric to improve sales and communication process. Very useful for and Account Excecutive or a VP of Sales or whoever is in charge of optimizing and getting better performance.

Thanks!

LeQuebecois

Need this.

Ayang

+1. It will really help us understand whether certain deals have been stuck in a stage for too long and require our attention. Pipedrive has this function and it's very helpful.

C_Davis
Participant

This would be key to us understanding and improving pipeline performance.

aesimonton

Our organization would also like to be able to calcuate the number of days a deal is in a particular deal stage (while it is in the stage). Currently, I understand this feature only works looking backwards (i.e., it is calcualted after a deal moves from a specifics stage into another). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

It is possible, using the "Time in Deal Stage" report to display a lot of the information that is requested in this thread.

The report is available in the Report Library/Sales/Deals view and can be customised to display data in table or bar format along with customising the info to show the Total time instead of the Average. You can also split the data by Deal Name instead of Close Date in order to have a clearer view of each deal in your portal.

time in deal stage.PNG

acoelho

Hey Guys,

Would be great to incorporate a better marketing attribution model for campaign revenue that includes partial attribution. 

I have several closed won deals who interacted with multiple campaigns, yet have full revenue attribution against each of these campaigns, which means that the same deal and revenue is counted multiple times. Not helpful for reporting and in fact, does more damage.

Thanks,

Adele

stevecattin

This should be fixed with no delay. This is just completely misleading the way it works now.

PierreS
Participant

With the current deal flow logic,  deal statistics are totaly unusable becuase all numbers (new customers) are wrong. Please fix it soon! 

CCS
Contributor

Can Hubspot try to have current time in stage like Pipedrive?  Deals turn red wen over timeframe. 

Pipedrive time in deal.JPG

dougDeep6AI

This doesn't appear to work for the stage it is currently in (always says 0), which effectively renders it useless.  And since you can't change column width, "TOTAL TIME IN STAGE X" gets truncated to "TOTAL TIME IN..." 

We're having to pay extra for other tool to get good reporting out of HubSpot.  It eventually has to be more than just a activity tracking tool.  We need to be bale to do more with the data we are capturing to drive sales.