HubSpot Ideas

virginiam

Calculate and Report on the Time between Two Properties

I would like to create a custom report where i can see how much time my contacts spend in each stage of their Contact Lifecycle. I am looking for something much like the "time in deal stage" available for deals.

I know that hubspot has the "became a lead date", "became an opportunity", "became a customer date" properties, but I can't seem to get any good report using these.

181 Comentarios
chrishorseman
Miembro

This widget only reports on changes to a deal if it is moved along every stage in the pipeline. We have 7 stages and the last two are closed-won and closed-lost. Sometimes customers buy or reject the sale without going through all the stages and this widget will not report those correctly, just leaving them in deals created.

Please can you make this work in a real world way where if we drag a deal from an early stage straight to "closed-won" it just assumes it has passed through the other stages?

marketingu
Miembro

Hello, This is a great question. I also have same problem. I'm waiting for some help, please. Thanks.

Harsh
Miembro

Agree with the issue. 

The new report should be hybrid of the funnel report and pipeline report. 

- The problem with the pipeline report is that whenever a deal is moved multiple times into an the same stage it updates twice. So we get incorrect reports.

- And the problem with the funnel report is what is mentioned above. More-over, we cannot even identify the deal which is incorrect and has skipped a stage. 

dsweatt
Miembro

My team and I would really like to be able to export the dates that certain deals enter and leave specific stages of our deal. Our deal process is a little unique and takes quite a bit of time, and to be able evaluate the length of time specific deals are spending in certain stages would be huge for us. In addition, it would allow us to run reports on the specific deals that entered or left certain stages within a specified time frame. Thanks so much for taking the time to evaluate this. It would be incredibly helpful for us. 

magandy2
Miembro

It would be great if you could display the number of days a deal has been in a particular deal stage right on the Deal Board. Perhaps in the lower right corner of the deal block? This would give a nice visual and allow sales professionals to quickly identify deals that appear to be stuck. 

cthorpeab
Miembro

Same issue here.  I have to manually recreate all of these reports, This is really unacceptable.

FlywheelKinetic
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Thank you for explaining this so clearly. This is a deal breaker for us as well. 

atramer
Colaborador

I think this is a crucial feature that should be added.  Being able to track a deals time spent in a stage would help us set up expectations on how long deals of different sizes or other factors would be great data to have.  Or just being able to see a deal that may have stalled would help us either get more attention to it, or close out. 

thanks 

dulbert
Participante

I am looking for a way to easily report to my Sales Leadership the dates when our Deals moves into a Deal Stage.  This would be exactly like the Last Modified Date property, but only for Deal Stages. This would save us the time of having to dive into each Deal to see when it moved to a new Deal Stage. 

erijohns
Colaborador

I'm coming here from this post.

We have no trouble getting clients to Signed Contract, but it seems like it's taking buckets of time to get them Live. So we know that some stage is holding us up, but can't see where to focus our energies unless we know how long a Deal's been in a given stage. The Time In Stage report looked awesome, but since it only calculates when a Deal has left a given stage, it can't help us much: for this question we want to know about the Deals that are stuck, not the Deals that are moving through the stage. 

Sounds like that's harder for Hubspot devs to code, which makes sense. Running tally would be harder than absolute number. But man, it'd be cool to have this ability. 

Also as a second use case -- we want to use the Average Days Between Signed Contract and Live as a company health metric. If we're improving that number, then the system's working great. 

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing! Hope this report requests hits a roadmap soon!

benjiplanet
Miembro

Agreed, doesn't make any sense at all.

mhuntdorta
Miembro

This is a major problem for us too and is a completely ridiculous way to structure this report. 

Emily2
Participante

This question should be in priority - it doesn't make sense to just abandon the info that is there. 

kpetrich
Miembro

"It would be great if you could display the number of days a deal has been in a particular deal stage right on the Deal Board. Perhaps in the lower right corner of the deal block? This would give a nice visual and allow sales professionals to quickly identify deals that appear to be stuck. "

BINGO!  This would be great.  I have only figured out how to pull the time a deal spent in a stage, after the deal has moved to it's new stage. It would be great if I could see how long a deal has been in its current stage at a glance, exactly as Magandy 2 suggested.

beckykrill
Miembro

This is a problem for me as well. 

Hana
Miembro

Guys, can you please push prio on this? It is super helpful for running the smooth sales process - to be able to see immediatelly if any deal if "cooling off" in any stage... We should be able to see the CURRENT time in the CURRENT stage to see if Sales needs to adjust their priority and push some deals that are behind

cvarce
Miembro

This is a definite problem for us, makes it a completely useless widget

AcuTech
Miembro

This does not make sense to me the way it functions now. Can we please get this fixed?

djmorris32
Miembro

I would like to be able to show how a company has been in a certain deal stage? We are trying to figure out how to make sure deals are not getting stuck or delayed in a certain deal stage. It may be as easy as the current date minus date moved to new deal stage to get the number of days in that deal stage. That is the last piece of info for a filter we created that will give us what we need. 

This seems easy to add and would be very beneficial.

PeterStrik
Participante

This is an amazing feature, that I'd like to have ASAP. Basically, I want to be able to see which Deals are 'stuck' in a stage. For example, if a Deal has been in the Contract Sent Deal Stage for several weeks, there may be a problem with the client refusing to sign. Or if a Deal has been In Discussion for months, we really aren't in discussion, but the sales person is just keen to keep their Pipeline full.

Until this feature is available, I'll have to suck Deal data from Hubspot into a BI-tool, and essentially go with some adaptation of ( SELECT TODAY() - Deal Entered Stage Date() GROUP BY Deal Stage, Hubspot Owner ).