HubSpot Ideas

cc_christopher

Date property is updated x days before/after another date property

I have a workflow tracking my custom Closed Deal status property, which is simple enough as a workflow (close date is known AND deal stage = won). To take it a step further, I wanted to track:

- of the deals that were 'Closed - Won', which of them were closed and won in less than 30 days? (or in the same month)

There is a separate date property trigger for 'updated x days ago' and 'updated after/before another property', but what I'm looking for is a combination of the two. I'd need 'updated within x days before/after another property'.

The 'is more/less than' date property triggers might also be a good place because I can enter the number of days, and then select from a dropdown to specify a comparison:

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.42.33 AM.png

If there was an 'another date property' option from this dropdown, this would solve the problem. 

This kind of trigger sounds doable, but it seems current workflow capabilities in Hubspot only allow an imperfect workaround version of this. For now, I can do 'close date is known' and 'create date is updated in the last x days'. Unfortunately, this only works for all deals moving forward, won't work for historic deals (we have thousands) that we'd like to also be accounted for. Yes, I can export them all into a CSV, do excel magic, then import updated records back in to basically brute force the 'closed - won in same month' status on all the older records, but it seems like such a missed opportunity for Hubspot workflows.

In any case, I could totally be missing something and there actually might be a way to do this, but if not, I think this is a feature that many would find useful in Hubspot Workflows (and Reports too!).