HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Date-filters: Improve Options Across all of Hubspot [Master Idea]

Idea: Make all Date-filters available everywhere they are relevant.

Background: 

Hubspot is missing date-filters in multiple places and is not consistent (i.e. different date-filters are available at different places) about them. This issue drastically reduces the power of filters, reports, automation and marketing, etc. Fixing that would be high impact, it's a core platform feature, with impact on all products.

There has been 15+ ideas on the forum about missing date-filters for filters, reports, lists, workflows, ... everything. Those ideas were at first aimed to request one date-filter in one place. This master idea aims at grouping all smaller ideas, giviing visibility to this "Date-filters" issue and getting it prioritized as one overall review of "Date-filters" across Hubspot. Because the only solution is for Hubspot to fix Date-filters everywhere, by working just on that.

Things currently not possible on Hubspot (i.e. use cases):

1/ Filter contacts with last activity is more than 10 days ago

2/ Filter deals with a close date that is in the past

3/ Build Report on Deals with last activity is more than 30 days ago

I want to give my sales team a filter of contact not contacted since 14 days. I am expecting to go to contact and to save a filter but the Date-filter required to do that is missing.

4/ Build List of Contacts with customer/deal who expire in the next 30 days

5/ Build List of Contacts with deal created last week.

Etc...

Research:

I've been comparing all Date-filters and noticed there are 11 types of Date-filters currently available on Hubspot (see screenshot below). The issue is that those Date-filters are randomly available on:

- Contact WF but not Deal WF

- on List but not on Report

- on Dashboard but not Contact Table

Etc. There seems to be no logic and that this is just the results of features coming one after the other while Date-filters never receiving focus as one topic.

This feature request is not about creating new Date-filters but only about making all the ones currently existing available everywhere, it is relevant to have them. In a nutshell, that means turning all Red cells below to Green.

HS_Jun_2019_-_Dates_Filters_-_Google_Sheets.png

Some of the smaller ideas this master idea is grouping under one roof.

2017, Use 'relative' dates for enrolling contacts and companies in workflows by @Daniel1 

2017, Allow the use of relative dates in workflow... by @CCasemore (marked delivered but that's not fully the case)

2017, Filter using relative date values ("TODAY" etc.) by @Frank 

2017, Lead scoring - Add the option to refine... by @laurao93 

2018, Sales workflows deal properties based on dates by @Peter-marketing 

2019, More than filter for report timeframe by @krispag 

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Idea Submitted
February 22, 2022 01:21 PM

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
April 16, 2020 04:34 AM

Thanks everyone for the feedback on this review and thanks @VagaeNatus for such a detailed dive into underlying issues of filtering. We are in the process of reworking the "wiring" of our filter system at which point we will be able to solve many of the issues you have outlined. As we roll out improvements I will keep this idea up to date. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
April 13, 2020 01:31 PM

Hi, there.

My name is Davis and I'm a product manager on the reporting team here at HubSpot. As @VagaeNatus pointed out, there are a lot of inconsistencies with what filtering is available where in the tool.

I wanted to let you all know this is something we've been reviewing and are actively planning to improve across HubSpot. Thank you all for your help.

Sincere regards,

Davis

55 Kommentare
JeffSchneider
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

Status downgraded?

GEiselt
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Want to float this idea up. Any updates after 2 years? This is such an important feature across sales and operations (reporting, notifications for passed dates). This is a basic feature in Salesforce, I hope you can bump this up!

TErickson_OW
Teilnehmer/-in

Still looking for a solution to this scenario, would love to see some of these changes come to fruition. 

Is Deal Close Date Property today or in the past

and 

If Yes, is Start Date - Plus (Custom Deal Property) in the future?

Im looking to create a report of Closed Deals but they have not started their service yet.

Thanks all for this excellent thread, I hope we get some traction. 

bwils811
Teilnehmer/-in

@dmastin What's the status here? Did this get downgraded? 

I'm hoping in to request additional functions be added to date filtering, as well.  Why is there no way to filter form data exports by time? Exporting All Time data for every export is time-consuming and frustrating.  Exporting a time period is a basic function on most data collection sites. HubSpot allows you to filter data by time, but not export that filtered view. Why? Can we get this added please ASAP? 

Ellesyanna
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

There are definitely improvements needed here. Some additions from my side would be on workflow date filters to be able to use 'refine by date' functionality:

This would be extremely helpful for building workflows, reporting etc. to see the date when a contact was enrolled in a workflow, completed a workflow or met the goal of a workflow. Similarly as with form submissions or page views, to have the functionality to refine these filters. 

Also, date comparisons then would be helpful, so for instance I can make a list of contacts that have enrolled through a workflow after they became an MQL for instance (so compared to this other date property). 

JSchuhmann
Teilnehmer/-in

its been 3 years now.. any updates? 

jeremytliles
Mitglied

+ 1M for this. The date filters are so inadequate. Low-effort, high-impact product idea HubSpot!

ABowenSupreme
Mitglied

How the heck is this not a thing yet? This is so basic.

FernandaDmz
Mitglied

Hubspot, please pay attention to this idea!

antonia_kraft
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

+ 1

MStach
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Date filters should be a standard function to a platform like this. I would love to be able to set date filters on all my activities as well as be able to sort them by ascending/descending.

JTinnel
Mitglied

Is there any update here on adding date filters? This would solve alot of issues

GRobin6
Mitglied

Evidemment, on a besoin de cette fonctionnalité MAIS Hubspot s'en fout des votes !

Ruurd
Teilnehmer/-in

Not sure if this is the correct place, but I would like to be able to filter (in a report) 1 date property on 1 Object to be between 2 date properties on another Object. 

Example: we have doctors that send prescribe our medical product. To do so, they use (order) infomaterial. I'd like to know how many orders doctors place in their first 3 months of prescribing us.

1. On the contact, the date of the first prescription is stored in a custom property 'Date of First Prescription'.
  2. A second custom Contact property uses that date and adds 3 months. It's called '3M Prescribing Date'.
  3. The custom property 'Orders' has a date property 'Order Date'. 

I would like to report on Orders and show

• all records of which the
    • Order Date
  • is between the
    • Date of First Prescription and
    • 3M Prescribing Date

Currently I can filter Orders with an Order Date between 2 dates, but it would be great if these dates could come from other properties (from the same or other objects). 

Industr-wise, this is perhaps a bit of an edge use-case, but I can see how being able to filter 1 date property on 1 Object to 'be between' 2 other date properties on another object could be super helpful in many industries. 

JAvitable
Teilnehmer/-in

This really should be a thing by now. Maybe there is a completely different solution to my problem. I have multiple date properties on my Company Records for customers. They represent the "renewal date" for each of the different contracts we have with the Company. I want to use a workflow to maintain a "derived" date which will be the "nearest" of all the renewal dates for the Company.