HubSpot Ideas

Sambo

Date-based workflows for custom objects

The subject explains itself. 

We have a case where we have cars as a custom object and cars have a property called "Last service time". We would like to run automation that sends reminder emails to clients when X amount of time has passed after the last service time. 

Contact automation has this already. The company version is coming and has its own post. Also, there are similar discussions about Deal automation here and here.

Date-centered and date property-based workflows are necessary for multiple of our clients. And this kind of automation is needed for custom objects also. This helps our clients to deliver a better customer experience.

4 Replies
_BF_
Participant

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

I can't believe this isn't even a thing! We've upgraded to CMS enterprise PURELY for the assumption we could make this work. and it doesn't! 😞

And you can't create "loops" where you check a date - and for example, IF its <30 days - then do this, and if not, wait 30-days then check again.... 

I tried to create a workflow that checks the dates - and if longer then X- then enrol in another workflow to run the checks again - but HS has worked out this potential loophole, and you can't have a workflow that loops among themselves. 

the only solution I've found is now you have to upgrade to operations enterprise to run a script each week to run the workflow, and honestly, It's not really good enough for an enterprise solution. Having a trigger for a date should be included in any enterprise subscription for custom objects. 

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @_BF_ & @Sambo 

I'm Megan, a product manager for the workflows tool at HubSpot. We have a private beta running, with exactly this feature. Send me an email if you'd like more details or to participate : )

mlegge@hubspot.com

Best,

Megan

_BF_
Participant

@MeganLegge - Email Sent 🙂

Ta

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All,

Update - this new action is now available to all customers using the workflows app. The new delay action allows you to create delays centered around both a calendar date (eg. an event happening on 9/15/22) or centered around a date property (for example the "close date" of a deal). This can be used in any type of workflow, including custom objects : )

Our KB doc has all the details: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-delays#delay-until-a-date

Best,

Megan