HubSpot Ideas

alice2

Date based deal workflow

It would be great if you could create a date based deal workflow.

23 Replies
wlawler

Please update the Workflow field to include the 'Center on a Date Property' on non-Contact Workflows, specifically Company and Deal fields at the very least.

Since the function is focused on the property rather than the field itself, and attaching emails to certain contacts is also based upon a property rather than the Contact field itself, and also considering that delay timeframes are available for delaying when a process is triggered going To a date, I see no reason why this From date centric function cannot be implemented to the Company or Deal fields. This would surely fix a lot of problems for a multitude of workers who focus their notifications on these other fields.

KylieMar
Participant

What exactly do you need to do?

If you need to create a workflow based of a date that is a property inside your deal you can.

alice2
Participant

@KylieMar I'm wanting to create a workflow that sends an email on the last working day of a month to members of the sales team who still have open deals in the pipeline reminding them to look through their deals and move them into next month/ adjust percentages/ close them.

Currently I have a date based workflow set up and an internal email notification going being sent on the 28th Feb to any of the sales team who have deals on the pipeline on the 28th Feb.  Very open to suggestions though!

KylieMar
Participant

OK you are looking for omething similar to me... when you post your idea try to give as much information as possible, otherwise you wont get any votes. 

Heaps of ppl are submitting ideas for something similar to what we want but based of a date that is a field property which can already be done. which is why its important to be clear. 

I have submitted this idea, jut yesterday if you want to upvote it, i think it would solve your problem to. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Annual-automated-tasks-or-reminders/idi-p/318449

ChristianE

Create Center on a date or Center on a date property deal-based workflows to center your workflow actions on a calendar date or date date property. This allows you to schedule and execute workflow actions relative to a specific date.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/create-center-on-a-date-or-center-on-a-date-property-contact...

JoshT

second this - would be hugely helpful!

KylieMar
Participant

@ChristianE If you read my question and @alice2  answer you will see she needs it to be based on Deal not contact. So the link you provided is useless.

olimottola
Contributor

I agree. I added a deal expiration date in my deals and it feels pretty absurd not to be able to automate around this.

This is critical for my team as they are prompted automatically to fill in this deal property when the deal is closed. With the current workaround provided by support, my team would need to go into a contact and add the date at the contact level. It's just not functional and really compromises our data integrity.

Derek_H

Is there any update to this functionality? Simply put we need to be able to create date deal based workflows.

rcordioli
Participant

Absolutely!

From what i´ve heard, this is possible only for Contacts.   😕

It would be great to have rolling dates such as "today", "yesterday", to trigger a Deal workflow.

chreaj

We are a real estate firm and have certain contract date deadlines. I would love to be able to have tasks and internal/external emails fire based on a date picker deal record property. That way we can automate alerts/tasks to sales agents while also keeping clients informed.

nr_studiotools
Participant

Definetly needed. Especially to work with the Close date of a deal. So to enroll deals that are closed "today"...as a permanent flow always picking up deals that are meeting thos criteria...

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here

Are we able to get this up soon? Seeing that we already have one for contact workflow thanks!

lizchartrand

Yes, we really need this update for deal-based workflows. This would greatly impact our team's automated communication with customers! We focus primarily on reaching out to customers based on deal status, engagement, and dates.

Unfortunately, right now are forced to push deal info to contacts in a very specific way and it would be way more efficient (and accurate) if we could have a date-centered deal-based workflow.

Otterbot
Contributor

Second this. We need to be able to trigger emails based on dates that are Deal Properties. Our customers often have multiple deals, and so Contact based date workflows are not sufficient to guarantee accuracy. 

TSudarski

Yes please! We need this too. 

THÉBERT

Strongly !!

ernemurphy

Hi!  I see it's been almost two years since this has been submitted initially, so I'll add my vote to this!

My use case is in importing closed deals from another database as part of our initial setup.  I want to create a task due 90 days out from the closed lost date to follow up with the client. 

Going forward, I created a workflow that if a deal is moved to closed lost, a task is set 90 days out from that date, but this does not affect the 1000+ deals in total I'll have with closed lost dates that have already occurred.

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I'm Megan, a product manager for the workflows tool at HubSpot. 

My team is currently working on date based delays for deal workflows (and all other object type workflows). These delays will allow you to create delays that are relative to a date in a particular date property (eg. deal close date), or a fixed date (eg. 4/1/22). Please follow this thread for updates as the feature moves through development.

Thanks!

Megan

Derek_H

great development!