HubSpot Ideas

AC5280

Date Picker Options

Can Hubspot please create other options for a date picker? I have had numerous complaints about the date picker that Hubspot offers - many people have issues and don't want to click all the way back to their year. I have even put a note under the date picker explaining what to do and people still have issues. There should be an option for people to enter in a format of MM/DD/YYYY - people usually do this for other platforms. I think this is an easy fix and should be offered. 

22 Replies
ODWJohn
  • double-click on the property (as opposed to clicking 1x on the drop-down arrow)
  • A cursor will appear and you can type your date.  Hit Return.

AC5280

This isn't working for me. I see the cursor but it won't let me type any numbers. 

megmaker
Participant

This is a critical issue. Hubspot says you can type into this field now, but it doesn't work in any of the browsers I've tested, even with double-clicking.

AC5280

Totally agree. It's not working for me either. 

RanNaor

Having the option to presnet different formating for dates is a basic requirement from a system which suppose to be global and support different localizations. 

The forms which holds a date picker roperty are being used both in Europe and US. Dates are presented differently in each region. It is mandatory to have the option to customize the formating of the dates. Just to explain how critical it is, in Europe the dates format is DD/MM/YYYY while in US it is MM/DD/YYYY. 

nathanphillips
Participant

ditto, we get fairly regular feedback, something like "why do I have to click so many times to get to my date" even though we put clear instructions.

I suggest two things

1) remove the navigation triangles, thereby forcing peopel to click ON the year/month to bring up the picker

2) use a :hover attibute on the year/month for visual feedback, like it does when you roll your mouse over a day in the picker.

cpatrick
Participant

My sales team is having this issue now. When out recruiting we have the birthday field on our forms and it slows downs entries, thereby causing us to lose leads.  This field should have the option for freeform entry of mm/dd/yyyy, or there should be drop down fields for month, year and date. The calendar picker is horrible and it is worse for android tablets which is what our sales team uses

Nadine_N
Contributor

It is ridculous that this option is not available

Brillenkai
Participant

We have the same problem, our main countries are in europe and the age of our average customers is 45 - 70. Impossible to explain, how they should type-in the date properly and its also very userunfriendly to click 120 times backwards to go 10 years back.

Our solution... I create one dropdown for day, one for month and one for year and add the properties manually.

dereks
Participant

+1 Seems crazy that this can't be localized to the user or an option on the date field.

The only way I have found a way to make it more usable is to unhide the select boxes for Month and Year using CSS overrides, at least that way the user can see that the Month and Year are selectable via select boxes.

Willem-Jan

Please provide us with a more user friendly date picker, what we have now is ridiculously user-unfriendly. 

Please make it DD-MM-YYYY and make it visually more clear that you can click on a month or year to scroll through it faster. Or make it like any other website does it...

dmilnor
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hello - I am having the same issue in using Date Picker in an email token.  It truncates the field to MM/DD/YY and our client is insisting on having it as either MM/DD/YYYY or the European version of DD-MM-YYYY.  I tried changing it to a single line of text and that gave me 1580774400000 as the answer to 1/20/2020.  Any advice on how to utilize this in email?

FIAF

Still having this issue, both the date field that can't be typed into and despite our account being in an Australian date format (DD-MM-YYYY), it reformats all dates to the US version (YYYY-MM-DD) for the user in the form but then in our HubSpot account it formats to DD-MM-YY. Most confusing.

ET2
Participant

This is SO fundamental to fast work flow. And not just entering DD-MM-YYYY, we should be able to just type 5d for 5 days from now or 3w, 2m etc. Enter 1/15 and it knows it is that date within the next year and no year is needed. 

ET2
Participant

Also, if I am forced to click on a calendar DON'T SHOW JUST ONE MONTH, because on days like today at the end of the month I ALWAYS have to click to the next month to select a date. Just show the next two months by default. 

RGray
Participant

Would be great to have date format of DD/MM/YYYY for Australia.

chris_block

+1 Either give us options for the datepicker, or give us the ability to turn the datepicker off so the user can type the date.  Birthday is a common contact field to collect, so I'm very surprised this issue hasn't been resolved.

gregoryjgarcia1

This needs to change.  It's confusing to our customers. MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY depending on country are standard.

MGodia
Member | Partner

I need this option too please add this.

JGale3
Member | Diamond Partner

We are trying to collect Birthdays so having users having to scroll month by month back 15+ years is extremely poor for users right now.