HubSpot Ideas

FransLeys

[Data Sync Request] Microsoft Business Central

PieSync supported syncing Microsoft Business Central. You can keep using PieSync through 2021, but in the meantime we're checking if we need to prioritize turning this into a data sync app? Please upvote! Thanks.

22 Replies
Tii

yes, this would help!

CFerreira291

Absolutely necessary to get Business Central into OpsHub

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

Nikolaas

Hi Frans, 

Great to read that the data sync app for Microsoft Business Central has been put into "in planning status".  As we absolutely need this integration. Any idea on when the app can be expected?  Or does "in planning " mean that there still needs to be decided on when to start the development?

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@Nikolaas just finishing configuration and setting up the right documentation and you'll be seeing it hit the marketplace in the next week or two

Nikolaas

@FransLeys  That's great news!  I hope there will be some additional sync features when compared to Piesync as we were missing some flexibility & options there.

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@Nikolaas 

Having the syncs live on HubSpot framework directly will help us in making the sync better. However, for now, don't expect additional sync features.

What extra features are you looking for? 

jvandervoorn
Participant

Looking forward to trying this when it gets released.
Feature request - We would love to be able to sync sales data back to deals from Business Central.

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
samwilliam

You should take help from professionals who have immense experience on Microsoft Business Central. They will help you with Solutions easily.

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@samwilliam Thanks for the offer 😉

We're aware the Business Central sync is far from optimized.

Here's why: all data sync apps (92 at the time of writing) all stem, quite incredibly, from the same data sync framework.

Whether it's Mailchimp, ZohoCRM, or Business Central, the underlying syncing logic is the same. 

This shared logic makes it incredibly scalable (for HubSpot), though on the flipside it results in limitations when you consider integrations independently. 

Now, with a lot of our data syncs, the value provided by the fundamental sync is considerable. In the case of Business Central, I'll be the very first to admit it's just not ideal ... yet. 

Look for improvements this year where we'll start adding much more finance-like objects. 

JSmith43

Absolutely, PieSync supported syncing Microsoft Business Central. You can keep using PieSync and can help more professionals who have immense experience on Business Central

Iffah
HubSpot Employee

Hey team, would be great to see the integration include other record types (eg. tickets etc) in the future to help businesses that would like to integrate ticketing systems etc. 

JobA

Are there plans already to sync deals between Hubspot and Business Central? That would help us bigtime!

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@JobA Can you confirm you'd want to sync HubSpot deals with what Business Central calls "Sales Opportunities"? 

JobA
Yes, or any other way to have sales in Business Central as succesful deals
in Hubspot
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@JobA would it help if we'd be pulling in the sales invoices into HubSpot (that's one thing we're working on)? or would that not paint a complete picture?

JobA

This would help us if this would create a deal with status completed on the right customer including order amount. That way we can keep sending information of deals to GoogleAds to determine ROI on our campaigns. However, it would be even better if proposals, orders and products can be synced.

We are currently implementing BC. Our goal is to make proposals and orders in Business Central.  Also, all orders that are made online are directly placed in Business Central.

Preferably we can do marketing automations in Hubspot based on proposals, orders and the products in them. I think the optimal situation would be that all proposals / orders where synced to a deal in Hubspot (with a different dealstatus) including all products (so a product sync would be great as well).

This way you do not use the sales opportunities in BC. I am not sure if this is good or bad because I do not have experience with this yet. 

JewelleryServic
Participant

@FransLeys I see in July 2022 you asked if pulling sales invoices into Hubspot would be of any value. My overwhelming answer is YES!

The 2 pieces I feel that are missing from the Business Central integration are Products (Items in Business Central) and Sales Invoices (Deals in Hubspot).

Here are a few reasons why,

- Having the sales invoices & products in Hubspot would mean that automations could be triggered based on customer sales, specific product sales, after sales service emails, etc. Massive benefit

- Having the sales invoices in Hubspot would show the full value of customer to me and create a full picture.

- Having products in Hubspot would mean that quotes could be initiated through Hubspot and all the payment/automation features taken advantage of

How I would see the integration working...

Posted Sales Invoices in BC would sync as 'won' deals in Hubspot (the posted sales invoice lines would sync as line items on the deal in hubspot.)

Items in BC would sync as Products in Hubspot (the user would need to select which pricelist in BC would represent the sale price in hubspot though)

Deals in Hubspot (other than 'won') would sync as Sales Invoices (not posted) in BC

Note on current Customer sync...

Ive noticed strange behaviour in how 'Contact Name' and 'Customer Name' fields in BC sync with Hubspot. For more information please see my support ticket #11368796

@FransLeys I would love to help in anyway I can with the BC integration. Our company uses Busines Central for both B2B and B2C purposes and we are active across both New Zealand and Australia. I have a fair amount of knowledge on BC so happy to help give input and make this integration amazing!!

Thanks

Richard