HubSpot Ideas

charingkam

Dashboard cannot use date filter when using cross-reporting across contacts and companies

Hi,

I created a report that used cross reporting across contacts and companies, and within the report I can add a date filter. 

However, when I add it to my sales dashboard, the date filter for the whole dashboard doesn't seem to affect that particular report.

So, for now, I need to manually change the date range each time. How can we get the cross-object report to change data automatically on the dashboards?

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
December 15, 2022 06:37 AM

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to keep everyone updated.

Yesterday we released a public beta for our new dashboard filters experience that applies filters to single object reports and custom reports via an automated rollout. We have started a small percentage of accounts, we will monitor the usage and any technical issues and start to give access to more accounts. For those of you who get access to the public beta, you will be notified in under product updates on the top right corner in the dropdown under your account name.

Thank you

Shanker Sahai

November 18, 2022 05:42 AM

Hello.

My apologies for the lack of updates, but we have been hard at work. 

In October we launched a very small beta with less than 30 individual customer accounts, not entire portals, to test if our new solution allowed customers to apply dashboard filters to custom reports and it was successful. 

We are currently doing some final tweaks and we are launching a public beta in the first week of December, this will be done via our public beta product notification service, customers who will be part of the beta will informed via the notification with instructions of how to opt in and out of the beta. It will be a phased rollout starting with a maximum of 10% of portals, based on usage, and any technical issues we uncover, we start giving access to more and more portals.

We appreciate your patience and please reach out to me if you have any other questions.

Thank you
Shanker

August 04, 2022 06:07 AM

Hello 

My name is Shanker Sahai, I am the Product Manager for the Report Management Team here at HubSpot. I wanted to let you know that we heard you and making Dashboard filters work is our highest priority.

We will be testing a solution to Dashboard Filters in late September/early October with a small group of customers to get initial feedback, based on the feedback we will be doing a full launch by Q4.

Thank you
Shanker

111 Replies
dmartone

I've been trying to create reports that filter targets prospects and sales activity, without the ability to easily filter it, this leaves me having to create dashboards for each team which is a pretty critical flaw for target initiatives.

sencrop

Same issue, it's a big pain for us that the personal data crossing object report can not be filter well.

For example we wanted to send by automatic email our sales dashboard with all the reports filter by the general date range on the top. It's not possible because on this dashboard there is normal report but also personal crossing objects reports. So for example if I put date range this month for all reports on the top, it will not work for the cross data report and show wrong data...

I really hope hubspot will change that soon...

hannahflat
Contributor

Jumping on here as well because this is vital. It is ridiculous to have to edit the date ranges manually on cross object reports. Am I going to come on daily and change the date rate for 20+ reports?

geekbleek
Participant

Upvoting here - this is a bug, not a feature request.  Having a filter on a dashboard for date ranges that only applies to some types of reports is a bug.  If you don't want to support cross object reports on the same dashboard as single object reports, you need to indicate that in the UI/not allow it as its a limitation of the product.  Allowing it on the report and not having it behave correctly is a bug.  I subscribe to the reporting add-on specifically to use the advanced reporting capabilities, and if they don't work, its not a needed product.

Please fix ASAP!

MattD
Participant

Absolutely vital to companies that want to report margin (everybody I suspect).

scorplev

This is definitely a bug, upvoting this, Hoping to see at least an official reply from the Hubspot product manager/dev team addressing our concerns.

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Any updates here? Great reporting updates from Inbound but this one seems like a no brainer

BigDaddyBear
Participant

Not being able to filter cross-object reports is causing us real problems. We're having to condsider, and review, multiple reports where one - and functional filtering - would suffice. It's a pain, and costing us time and reports! 

asmitj
Contributor

Upvoted.

This is such a basic functionality that shouldn't be taking this long to be implemented...

esarmiento

This would be useful. I do this too (cross object for contacts and companies) to understand how many we are reaching with our outreach every month. But I have to manually change the filter dates in each report if I want to look at a different month. I would like to simply change the dashboard filter dates and all the reports will reflect those numbers.

dcestrada

This is a big gap in functionality.  Hubspot team - please address!

frescherer

+1

Ronenim

It is so Basic to have that on sales reports!
How can one manage channels or teams without knowing how many sales they mad in the past X time?

I would appriciate if you will solve it A.S.A.P

Will be glad to be on Beta for this.

DRosier
Contributor

This is a needed and time saving fix. Also, the new custom reporting is has the same flaw. Please Hubspot!! 

HubSpotMaster

Are there any updates here @hubspot?

benbaker

Would love to see this update. Dashboard reports with cross-object filters are visual headache without the ability to change Date Range.

FelipeFelix
Top Contributor

Hello!

I want to suggest a new important feature to Custom Reports Builder! I really liked the kind of reports I can make with that new tool (it's really powerful, congratulations to the team!), but the lack of one feature prevents my team from using it.

Most of my Dashboards use a date range filter so we can see how we are performing at a specific range that applies to every report (most used is this month, last month, this week, and last week). But Custom Report Builder reports are not affected by that filters (probably because we can set more than one date filter) and this makes it impracticable for my team to use this new tool as no one wants to edit every report when using them.

Would be great if I could set a specific filter on my Custom Report Builder reports to be changed by dashboard filters!

Best,

Felix

HubSpotMaster

Yes - It's painful that you cannot change the date range on Cross Object reports without editing the reports. It makes it difficult to analyze data

I echo Felix's comments, a giant leap forward with the new Report builder Thanks!

JustinShardlow
Member | Elite Partner

Agreed, the custom reports builder is great but the first thing my client wanted to do was filter it on date! Would be great to have this feature as I'm sure this will be a common request.

kmoening

Agreed completely. So excited about the cross-object reports but now feel at a standstill as I can't filter across the dashboard...