HubSpot Ideas

charingkam

Dashboard cannot use date filter when using cross-reporting across contacts and companies

Hi,

I created a report that used cross reporting across contacts and companies, and within the report I can add a date filter. 

However, when I add it to my sales dashboard, the date filter for the whole dashboard doesn't seem to affect that particular report.

So, for now, I need to manually change the date range each time. How can we get the cross-object report to change data automatically on the dashboards?

111 Replies
YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

Commenting for customer here again.

Would really love to see Dashboard filtering enabled for the custom report.

Our custom report is seeing a high adoption rate with our customers, so it would be nice to review this!

bunse
Participant

This is a pain for us now and will become a much bigger pain going forward. Any updates on when this could be implemented?

DWolleswinkel
Participant

I find it surprising that such an important feature haven't been built yet. I see that this first ticket was raised in 2018 and up until today, even with 152 votes, it is still not possible. Please, could you consider adding this functionality to the development agenda? Would really help our business reporting!

ddobrien2
Participant

This has proved very frustrating for us as well. We have sales reps that have quite a few reports on their dashboards, and need to adjust the date ranges on them quite often. It seems like a huge miss that there's 1) not a rolling date range feature in custom reports ("last quarter," for example), and 2) that the dashboard date range can't override/update the reports on that dashboard. It makes custom reports more trouble than they are worth.

SLindmont
Participant | Platinum Partner

Any movement on this issue? My client is really stuck on manually changing multiple dashboards on the first of every month because of this filter limitation with custom reports. We're also struggling with some features in single reporting not available yet in custom reporting, like goal application.

brandondithbrry
Contributor | Elite Partner

We definitely need to have date ranges possible for cross-object reporting . This is extremely important for reporting.

NAlbjerk

Any movement?

brandondithbrry
Contributor | Elite Partner

Thank you HubSpot!

Custom Report Builder now has a date range filter.

thisisdatis
Contributor

Any updates on this? 

I can't use standard reports for what I'm trying to report on, but it defeats the purpose if I can't use my dashboard filters...

BenWholley
Participant

Glad this feature has now been added but agree with the last comment, seems odd that there's no way to define a date property that can be used in dashboard filters, is this still being worked on?

KNickolay
Participant

Any updates on this?? We would really benefit from the company owner dashboard filter on custom reports.

LMcGill

This is a major limitation for cross-object reporting. It would make it so much more useful and save time to be able to work with the dashboard filters.

aneng
HubSpot Employee

+1 to this- would definitely be super helpful for users to be able to filter their custom reports from within their dashboard

iamjfrazier

This is an ABSOLUTE requirement and actually HubSpot should be ashamed it has taken this long to address

steinarslatten
Participant

Adding my voice to this - I was very surprised to see that dashboard filters does not work with custom reports. 

Bhumika_Bhatia

Hi, Is there any update on when this will be fixed?

DavidVoigt
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Please fix this. Reporting capabilities are a decisive feature to our customers' decision to keep using HubSpot and this specific missing functionality might become an absolute dealbreaker for some of them.

GEiselt
Contributor

Would love an update here. What is the point of having dashboard-level filters if they won't apply to custom-built reports? HubSpot's reporting features really letting me down here.

PBeardwell

Also, adding to this - we need dashboard filters to work with custom reports. 

paytek_haley
Participant

Essential change.

People have been asking for this (pretty basic, at least from a face value level) feature of applying dashboard filters to custom reports for over 4 years. The custom report builder is extremely useful, and has eliminated a lot of the issues we had with the reporting system.

But, being unable to apply the filters you use on a dashboard to those reports renders them essentially useless. It basically makes dashboards and custom reports mutually exclusive.

This is a huge oversight, and we can only hope that Hubspot respects the many requests on this idea soon. Honestly might be a dealbreaker for us as we evaluate our contract next, and I'm sure we aren't alone.