HubSpot Ideas

charingkam

Dashboard cannot use date filter when using cross-reporting across contacts and companies

Hi,

I created a report that used cross reporting across contacts and companies, and within the report I can add a date filter. 

However, when I add it to my sales dashboard, the date filter for the whole dashboard doesn't seem to affect that particular report.

So, for now, I need to manually change the date range each time. How can we get the cross-object report to change data automatically on the dashboards?

111 Replies
JennPape
Contributor

This is 100% necessary. 

For example, I'm looking at our BDR team's call volumes with outcomes by sales region (cross-referencing sales activity and companies); in order to use this data to make actionable strategic decisions, we need to see the volumes for the last week or month, not since the beginning of time.  

JustinShardlow
Member | Elite Partner

@JennPape - we had a similar issue and got round it by cloning the reports/dashboard and setting the new versions to report on the last week / last month, so we ended up with two dashboards, one for the past week and one for the past month, both rolling. Bit of a clunky solution but in somes way easier for the client as they don't need to use filters. 

JasonTong
Participant

Yup, this is basic/tablestakes functionality. It's definitely confusing since everyone expects reports to use the dashboard and then shocking when after contacting customer support, you find out it has not been built yet/does not work. 

CStanley
Participant

Agreed not making any dashboard compatible with the dynamic filters makes it almost useless. We need this

shan2
Participant

Really disappointed that this wasn't included as a fix in the new report builder beta. How is this going unseen/unaddressed? Is it not imperative for all businesses to be able to have reports that don't require you to change the dates every month or quarter or whatever the frequency? And it's not like it's just one report - I have so many reports that I just don't have because of this. The Single Object reports has this option "This quarter" or "This month" but it's just as essential for Cross Object or the new Advanced Builder report.

JWren

This is a real limitation of the reporting - would really be keen for this. 

Artzain

Definitely needed!

JBeatty
Guide | Diamond Partner

Agreed, my clients would greatly appreciate being able to use this dynamic filtering with these extensive reports in their dashboards. 

DarlaM
Participant

Yes, we need this too! Some of my dashboards aren't super helpful since certain reports need to be made custom and then i can't filter by user or date on the dashboard to view those reports correctly. This results in people misunderstanding the information they are seeing, since it doesn't even say the actual date range it represents on the dashboard. Keep us posted on when this will be updated! Thank you! 🙂

Akamu77
Participant

Agree, 100%.  I started re-creating reports with the Advanced Builder, only to find that this feature - available in the standard templates of the Basic Report Builder - is not available. 

The common filters available (e.g. Owner, Date Range, etc) would make the Advanced Builder truly advanced.  What say ye, HubSpot?  

Scott_from_Mars

Absolutely need this. The tool is great, but it's pointless trying to use for any regular reports built with it due to the lack of dynamic date functionality. I won't be adding any reports to dashboards if they're built with this tool because it only creates confusion when it doesn't operate like every other report on the same dashboard.

FlywheelKinetic
Contributor | Elite Partner

100%. Would help out a lot. Currently going in on the first of the month between 8am (when last month's numbers are emailed to the team) and 10am (when the store opens) to update the dates in the report so that it shows this month instead of last month. Especially not ideal cause it doesn't update if the team uses the filter on the dashboard.

KPak
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi Team, 

Filtering by last week/month/year etc. is critical to a lot of our Clients that use HubSpot. The majority of reports need this filter as a standard to show information, and the filters on the dashboard do not work for the custom reports. Would love an update on whether this is in the road map as although the simple reports allow you to filter by last month, they do not have the additional capabilities that the custom report builder has. 

Thanks,

Kristen Pak

Hype & Dexter

JHeighway

We have extensive reports and it's very difficult to analyze reports by flipping back and forth between date ranges. For example, I have to manually edit four reports to change date range to Q2. Then, when looking ahead, I have to change all four reports date ranges manually to Q3. It's a tedious process. 

gplaced

Agree 100%. Would be nice to know if it's on the roadmap

ashenton
Member | Platinum Partner

Agreed this feature is much needed!

PBFRoberts

Absolutely needed

MariZanchetta
Contributor

Still no updates about this according to customer support.

This is absurd, as reports are essential to keep track of sales activities. Having to manually change date ranges for every single report just doesn't make any sense.

Upvoting this.

LI
Participant

SAMEEEEEE

BenWholley
Participant

How has this got 59 replies and none of them from HubSpot?!

I'm on the verge of not bothering with HubSpot reporting anymore, this feature is essential. I'm having to create so many workflows to copy properties between Companies, Contacts and Deals to build them in the Single Object Report builder but now I'm hitting issues where the functionality of the Single Object Report is so poor I can't even create what I need to.