HubSpot Ideas

charingkam

Dashboard cannot use date filter when using cross-reporting across contacts and companies

Hi,

I created a report that used cross reporting across contacts and companies, and within the report I can add a date filter. 

However, when I add it to my sales dashboard, the date filter for the whole dashboard doesn't seem to affect that particular report.

So, for now, I need to manually change the date range each time. How can we get the cross-object report to change data automatically on the dashboards?

111 Kommentare
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @charingkam,

Are you looking to be able to edit the dates for one report on the dashboard? If so, currently the best way to accomplish that would be by adding the report to its own dashboard, as the defaults on the dashboard will set what shows in the report. 

Thanks,
Jenny

charingkam
Mitglied

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I added it to a new dashboard and the defaults still didn't change the data. From what I'm learnt from asking HubSpot support, it seems that this is due to the new cross-object reporting; it doesn't allow me to change the date range on the dashboard and then get new data. Can you please confirm.

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in

HI @charingkam

HubSpot Support was correct in that this is the limitation is due to cross object reporting. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Sassika
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I am having the same issue where I have set up a number of cross object reports under a dashboard and want to apply a date filter to the entire dashboard but it won't work.

Is there functionality coming that will allow us to do this for cross object reports on a dashboard? At the moment the only work around is to go into each individual cross object report and update the date period in each one which is quite manual.

Thanks 

CherylLK
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I think it's a big oversight that the date ranges on the cross-object reports do not update with dashboard filters. I also think it's a big oversight that we can't use rolling date ranges on cross-object reports. I think these two things need to implemeneted for the cross-object reports to be more user-friendly.

gkeshian
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hey @charingkam 

Our app, Sales Rep Scorecards , gives you significantly more flexible cross-object reporting, with the ability to track data from multiple objects over time, and adjust date ranges on the fly for all of them.

Let me know if you want to take a closer look -- here's a screenshot of a cross-object report.

Cross-object reporting with HubSpot CRM in time seriesCross-object reporting with HubSpot CRM in time series

DarrenScottUK
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is a big pain for us at the moment also as we have created dashboard for sales managers to simply view however any cross data reports need to be manually changed which is far from ideal.

HubSpotMaster
Autorität | Diamond Partner

@DarrenScottUK I agree! Upvote - We have reports that are a cross-object and regular activity reports set up on the same dashboard but now your always left second-guessing what the timeframe is set for each cross object report. This is very limiting.

Msyvrais
Autorität

experiencing the same issue! Desperately required for streamlining reports.

RDmainframe
Mitglied

I have the same problem. If I could give 10 upvotes, I would.

Eggie
Teilnehmer/-in

Have the same problem. I can not finish monthly report easily by using the date filter in dashboard!

Msyvrais
Autorität

Same as above!

sriharsha
Teilnehmer/-in

Any luck with this issue.. ?

Msyvrais
Autorität

@sriharshanothing yet.

isabelartero
Mitglied

Completly agreed, this is needed!! 

Furthermore, for me it hasn't sence, because if it is not a cross-report is available...

Thank you!

bradleyward
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed.  This is a massive oversight and 30+ should initiate a reply from Hubspot about being added to the Roadmap.  Not sure who developed this and decided it was ok to push this out missing this feature.  No one ever wanted to create a report that needs to have the time periods manually updated on a regular basis.

isabelartero
Mitglied

Hi,

why not? for me would be very useful a report where I could see the products I am going te sell next month, or products sold last month. I think there is not another way... manually would be painful...

other example, new companies created this month with an associated deal with closed date this month

thanks!

dvlachos
Mitglied

Is there an ETA on a fix for this issue?  I agree with the senitments on this ticket, this is a big drawback.

You guys have finally made some progress in reporting (this is the second company I am using Hubspot at over 4 years), but this is a big drawback.

Given the feedback on this item, how can we get this raised in priority?

HubSpotMaster
Autorität | Diamond Partner

Any updates here? 

MattD
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes please. This is essential.