HubSpot Ideas

grayson

Customizing "log activity" in HubSpot CRM

Hi HubSpot Development Team, 

I recommend revisiting the idea to customize log activity in HubSpot Sales. I would like my team to track "Direct Mail," and I've seen others asking about logging texts and in-app messaging. 

Thanks for considering!

Grayson 

251 Kommentare
LucaNet
Mitglied

Would be a great option if we can customize it. We for instance want to track support related activities for our customers

ssd
Mitglied

So much of our outreach is through LinkedIn -- it would be helpful to have that as an option, in addition to Email, Call, and To-Do on tasks, both for planning and for analytics/tracking.

mregan
Mitglied

This feature is crucial to tracking our sales outreach. Nowadays, a ton of business is conducted via LinkedIn, and the abillity to quickly check the box for activity on HubSpot will save us time and leave less margin for error when recording our outreach.

ssd
Mitglied

In addition, this would be helpful for cadence templates.

DonMohammes
Mitglied

Upvote!
I have the same issue. We need to be able to specify various tasks such as;

Customer Demo

Video call

On site meeting

ChrisZimmerman
Mitglied

Yes, need to be able to customize the Log Activity types besides the default three.  This is needed.  

Status aktualisiert zu: Idea Submitted
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam

aalberti
Mitglied

In our company we track activity for many things (i.e. calls, emails, etc.) we also would like to log drops (drop-ins) to prospects -- right now we are using tasks as a work around. The log activity should be customizable. In addtion, it is cruical for sales orgs to track reschedules and cancellations. When you log a meeting or schedule a meeting - when that date is/passes the system should require an outcome - moved to next step, cancelled, rescheduled (prospect rescheduled vs. rep rescheduled) etc. AND/OR when a rep moves a deal in the pipeline (top of the deals screen) it should require them to enter the meeting date - that way reps cant move deals forward / backward without data. Weve been using the history log to see when the movements are taking place but, this would be simpler. Thank you !!

bradstevens
Mitglied

Totally agree - it's tracking real customer outcomes that makes the difference in our work, and while delas are the big chunk, building relationships and tracking that along the way would be more helpful than whether a phone call was made.  So a customised list of outcomes and corresponding reporting would do the job here.

Unless there's another way to look at this within Hubspot?

Stanczak
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Our sales leaders need to track discovery calls, on site product demos, and other measurable activities that cannot be accurately shoe-horned into call, meeting, email. Notes don't cut it for measuring the productivity of our sales team.

To accurately measure productivity we need to be able to create custom activities, or sub-categories of activity, and these need to show up in reports. We eagerly look forward to HubSpot's work in this area.

hcheney
Mitglied

I also agree, there are many other activities we'd like to be able to log. I.e. Contacted via FB, linkedin etc

Mjennings
Mitglied

This would be very helpful for us as well. I would like to track my team's activity at a more granular level.  

JosieSA
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

hi

it would be awesome if you could add in a few extra task types. We especially need a task type = SMS as we do a lot of follow up SMS messages to our leads. 

Perhaps task types could be customizable?

thanks 

rqtaylor
Mitglied

Is there not a way to edit "Task Type"? I cannot find it and seems like a very needed option.

Adhinata
Teilnehmer/-in

Often i chat with potential leads via LinkedIn Messaging and I would liek to record this correctly  and paste the contents of the discussion rather than report in hubspot as a logged email/call

This should be standard functionality for users to define the type of Activity used to reach the customer

Only having Call/Email/Meeting is very early 2000's

rphillips
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a needed feature.

pottmi
Teilnehmer/-in

I would like  configurable list of types, but if you could give us an "Other" category some of us could limp by until you can take the time to make it customizable.

JonSchmitz
Mitglied

+1. Communication isn't limited to the standard answers listed within the site. 

RC
Teilnehmer/-in

Email, Call and Meeting are useful categories to Log Activities, and Email, Call, and To Do (essentially, Other) are useful for Tasks, but they're not enough.

If opening these lists to additional categories would cause problems, could HubSpot perhaps allow us to create custom sub-categories, underneath the existing three, so we can make our reporting more useful?

For my reps, site visits are a KPI with annual quotas and weekly reporting. In my reports, I need to be able to differentiate a site visit from other types of meetings (virtual, trade show, seminar, poker game, bat cave, etc.).

In another thread, @tommaff says he needs to be able to mark a location, with similar requests from @Andye and @ebarajas:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Task-types/m-p/22620#M2073

Elsewhere, @CDC says she needs to be able to log that a Christmas card has been sent, while @vipinderpanchal needs to be able to record a demo or presentation:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Archived-Discussion-Board/How-do-I-log-an-activity-that-is-not-one-...

(If you're here because you received notice of my mentioning you, please up-vote the original post at the top of this thread, and ask your team members to do the same. Let's get this vote count up so we can get a response.)

HubSpot, please consider adding a way to allow users to customize those Task and Log Actvity categories. In a system with so many customizable fields, this limitation makes no sense. Thanks.

TForsythe
Mitglied

That's good to hear, roisinkirby. Is it possible to sign up for the Beta? We're currently working to transfer our data from our old CRM over to Hubspot, and having that particular feature activated would save us a lot of headache in developing workarounds in the task tab to avoid data loss.