HubSpot Ideas

grayson

Customizing "log activity" in HubSpot CRM

Hi HubSpot Development Team, 

I recommend revisiting the idea to customize log activity in HubSpot Sales. I would like my team to track "Direct Mail," and I've seen others asking about logging texts and in-app messaging. 

Thanks for considering!

Grayson 

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
January 17, 2024 09:25 AM

Hi all a couple of years ago, we released 7 new logged activity options based on what we saw in this post. Could you please submit this short form if you still have a logged activity type that isn't being supported? Thank you!

kman_1-1705511699748.png

Re: Customizing "log activity" and Task type in HubSpot Sales - changed to: Idea Submitted
December 20, 2018 05:36 AM

Hi everyone, I'm going to update this idea as 'Idea Submitted'. To be fully transparent, the mistake was mine in interpreting these discussions as the need to customize Call & Meeting types - this feature was in beta and is now live (details below).

However, I understand that the need here is to identify, track and report on custom activities. I have made a note of this change and demand and will be taking this to Product, I know this is something they are aware of and reviewing but I do not have any further update at this time. To set expectations the next report I bring to the Product team will be early January. 

I apologize for the miscommunication here and will endeavor to get you an update on this idea. 

How to set custom call and meeting types:

How it works

• Navigate to Settings > Sales > Call & Meeting Types.

• Click “Enable Call and Meeting Types.”

• Add your types.

Inline image 1

• Then, when you’re logging an activity from a record in your CRM, simply click “Select Call Type,” and choose your desired type.

Inline image 2

What about reporting?

With the update, call/meeting type is now represented in two pre-built reports within the report library, and can also be used to build custom reports.

The two pre-built reports look like this, and live under "Prospecting:"

• Call and meeting totals (by type). Holistically, are there trends in the types of calls/meetings your team is having?

• Call and meeting leaderboard (by type). This report shows you the total number of meetings and calls each of your reps are having, by type. Did one rep have more pre-qualification calls, while another had more demo calls? Use this report to find out.

In addition to the pre-baked reports, Reporting Add-on or Sales Professional users can create custom reports using the Call/Meeting Type data.

251 Comentários
KTotten
Participante

There are a lot of modern communication channels that Hubspot is just outright missing... why not include these as options? i.e. Discord, Telegram, Twitter, Intercom, Instagram, TikTok, etc.

If we roll those all into one "social media" activity (that would be better than nothing) it will still limit our ability to see where we get the highest levels of engagement, i.e. Twitter DMs 36% vs. Instagram DMs 12%. 

Arne
Top colaborador(a)

Can we please get an option to log activity that took place in Microsoft Teams.

LinkedIn and WhatsApp got added. Since we are chatting with a lot of contacts on Microsoft Teams, "Log as Microsoft Teams message" would be a fabulous new option. 

MPVT
Membro

Kind of sad that this one has been on here for six years and still has not been implmented...

We've had to use a clunky work-around using custom objects in order to track a simple 'referral' activity (i.e., we refer Company A to Company B).

This would be much more elegantly done with a custom activity type of Referral.

PerrynOlson
Membro
To be fair, HubSpot added numerous new activity types in July 2022.
It'd be nice to be able to add custom activities.

THarris-TTS
Membro

YES!  I can't believe this isn't an option yet and it's been on this thread since 2017.  I want to add two different types of activites that my teams can log for tracking and visibility.  Even if we could get functionality similar to meeting types or task queues that would allow us to specify and report on tasks that don't fall into the general norm.

Ally7
Membro

Ability to add customer activity types OR add an option for Instagram DM's

LBadiali
Membro

It is great to have activity button like 'email, note, log call, log meeting, log linkedIn message' etc but these are not customizeable.

It be useful and make a huge difference to our business if you could customize and add your own activity buttons.

For example we would add 'Log partner introduction' and 'log client introduction' so we can tag multiple organisations and time stamp it which will enable us to search for that specific activity. Notes & meetings arent specific enough.

Please implement!

aronh
Membro

This idea would be very helpful for me as well, as we do a lot of in person walk ins, client check ins, that i would like to be able to log 

SBradt
Participante

Since there is a place for logging a company's facebook address under the standard company properties, it seems odd that there is no option to manually log a messenger message like there is for SMS, SnapChat and Linked in. 

SBradt_1-1694446931200.png

I will also share here the rant I gave to the chat line person who suggested I post this here

SBradt_2-1694447010350.png

SHayes66
HubSpot Employee

+1 for customer

Status atualizado para: Delivered
kman
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi all a couple of years ago, we released 7 new logged activity options based on what we saw in this post. Could you please submit this short form if you still have a logged activity type that isn't being supported? Thank you!

kman_1-1705511699748.png