HubSpot Ideas

grayson

Customizing "log activity" in HubSpot CRM

Hi HubSpot Development Team, 

I recommend revisiting the idea to customize log activity in HubSpot Sales. I would like my team to track "Direct Mail," and I've seen others asking about logging texts and in-app messaging. 

Thanks for considering!

Grayson 

251 Replies
LouiseCasey

I'd also really like this to be available ASAP please. We want to be able to register event attendance, webinar attendance, direct mail sends as different activities and then be able to report on these. Are you able to update please on when this will be available? I'd be happy to test as well. 

dtwuensch

we need a way to  be able to add any and all "behaviors" and "outcomes" somewhere in the Sales Tool and then be able to report on them daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually to manage sales activities.

Behaviors include anything that the Sales person controls; dials, leave messaage (vm or with receptionist), email, text, Inmail, Viewed LI profile, Requested LI connection, Requested Introduction (and/or referral), Sent TY Card

Outcomes could include: Connection (phone conversation, text exchange, email exchange), Agreed to Introduction, Introduction Completed, Appointment, Sent Proposal

The current Log Activity of Log Call, Log Email and Log Meeting is too limiting to properly assess behaviors and outcomes to help manage sales activities

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

This is basic functionality in SFDC to define activities. It makes the CRM more relevant and reflects the company's tactics and activities across sales and marketing and support.

It also enables HubSpot CRM to be used as an ABM tracking and reporting tool.

rstober
Participant

This is probably the biggest thing keeping us from switching from Pipedrive to HubSpot. Ultimately, we would love to track what activities (email, direct mail, tradeshows, etc..) lead to revenue. The ability to add these custom activity types would be AMAZING! 

chriscorwin

Bump.

Need to log more than just call, email, or meeting.  Social Media contact, direct mail, etc...

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

Status says In beta. Hope it's for the free version!

Lo35
Participant

Impossible to synchronize CRM tasks with other tools (Google Calendar, Todoist....) Smiley Sad

With Zapier, maybe.... or not Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Capture d’écran 2018-08-15 à 11.40.16.png

ppaquet
Participant

Hi,

+++++++

Very interested by this feature. 

argwhyohwhy

Great, this is almost two years old and no one is paying attention or seems to give AF at HubSpot. Fantastic. Guess I should look for a different CRM provider.

EmanuelTavares
Participant

Hi Guys, any news about this idea?

As a user, I'd like to log an activity with the correct type.

Imagine that I did a virtual meeting by Skype. I need to register this. It is only a simple example.

I really need to customize the activities type.

JimA
Contributor

HubSpot - any progress on this? Lots of Upvotes.

The call and meeting types for Sales Pro is a useful addition but still doesn't provide the ability to capture a wider range of Activity Types, such as direct mail.

I'm sure many users would love to have the ability to customize the type further (ex - Mail: Thank You card). That might be great for a Sales Pro upgrade. But even for basic users, providing a few more Activity types would be a HUGE improvement. From there, other attributes of the Activity, such as Activity Title or Activity Description could be used to provide more granular reporting.

RC
Participant

So much of HubSpot Sales is flexible and customizable. Why is this element so frustratingly tied down? I'm a HubSpot Marketing user. We migrated to a new CRM a year ago. The lack of customization options in this area was a key deciding factor in my company choosing SalesForce over HubSpot Sales. Surely, mine isn't the only case.

PhilOPSCOM
Participant

Only 119 interested parties, any chance this has made it to the Dev schedule yet?

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

The status is in beta, so hopefully soon.

iannicklin

Such a simple little thing but will save so much time

rachelatscorr
Participant | Partner

Task types would be a great addition to HubSpot's activities capabilities because then we could customize and have as many types of tasks as we need! 

frankfroux

i also need this feature... how can i become beta user?

RC
Participant

@frankfroux, this is a long thread to try to dig through, but according to @roisinkirby, the feature was already in beta as of her post on 11-17-2017. According to a post from @ndwilliams3 on 2-2-2018, the beta group stopped taking new applications back in October 2017. I'm not a HubSpot employee and not part of the beta test, so I have no inside information. However, if it's been under development and in beta for more than a year now, the recent "hopefully soon" statement from @ndwilliams3 is probably more than blind optimism. Stay tuned.

mcpaha
Contributor

This possibility to modify logging types is really important... for example I'd like to log: call to the new customer, call to the existing customer, meeting new customer, meeting with existing customer etc... and all of these should be visible in the reports & dashboards...

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@mcpaha: to know whether an activity was related to a new vs existing customer, you should record that on the contact, not on the activity. If you make 5 phone calls to the same customer, why would you need your reps to record 5 times that this contact is an existing customer? One time on the contact is good enough. The on the activity, they should record what is activity specific (like type: call, meeting, etc.)