Customizing "log activity" and Task type in HubSpot Sales

Hi HubSpot Development Team, 

I recommend revisiting the idea to customize log activity in HubSpot Sales. I would like my team to track "Direct Mail," and I've seen others asking about logging texts and in-app messaging. 

Thanks for considering!

Grayson 

HubSpot updates
151 Replies
rstober
Occasional Contributor

This is probably the biggest thing keeping us from switching from Pipedrive to HubSpot. Ultimately, we would love to track what activities (email, direct mail, tradeshows, etc..) lead to revenue. The ability to add these custom activity types would be AMAZING! 

chriscorwin
New Contributor

Bump.

Need to log more than just call, email, or meeting.  Social Media contact, direct mail, etc...

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

Status says In beta. Hope it's for the free version!

Lo35
Occasional Contributor

Impossible to synchronize CRM tasks with other tools (Google Calendar, Todoist....) Smiley Sad

With Zapier, maybe.... or not Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Capture d’écran 2018-08-15 à 11.40.16.png

ppaquet
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

+++++++

Very interested by this feature. 

argwhyohwhy
New Contributor

Great, this is almost two years old and no one is paying attention or seems to give AF at HubSpot. Fantastic. Guess I should look for a different CRM provider.

EmanuelTavares
Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys, any news about this idea?

As a user, I'd like to log an activity with the correct type.

Imagine that I did a virtual meeting by Skype. I need to register this. It is only a simple example.

I really need to customize the activities type.

JimA
Regular Contributor

HubSpot - any progress on this? Lots of Upvotes.

The call and meeting types for Sales Pro is a useful addition but still doesn't provide the ability to capture a wider range of Activity Types, such as direct mail.

I'm sure many users would love to have the ability to customize the type further (ex - Mail: Thank You card). That might be great for a Sales Pro upgrade. But even for basic users, providing a few more Activity types would be a HUGE improvement. From there, other attributes of the Activity, such as Activity Title or Activity Description could be used to provide more granular reporting.

RC
Occasional Contributor

So much of HubSpot Sales is flexible and customizable. Why is this element so frustratingly tied down? I'm a HubSpot Marketing user. We migrated to a new CRM a year ago. The lack of customization options in this area was a key deciding factor in my company choosing SalesForce over HubSpot Sales. Surely, mine isn't the only case.

PhilOPSCOM
Occasional Contributor

Only 119 interested parties, any chance this has made it to the Dev schedule yet?