Customizing "log activity" and Task type in HubSpot Sales

Hi HubSpot Development Team, 

I recommend revisiting the idea to customize log activity in HubSpot Sales. I would like my team to track "Direct Mail," and I've seen others asking about logging texts and in-app messaging. 

Thanks for considering!

Grayson 

HubSpot updates
151 Replies
Chris_Underwood
New Contributor

+1 for Text message option

bsusan
New Contributor

I concur! We need to have TEXT as a follow up activity as this is an extremely frequent activity with our teams. Direct Mail would be excellent as well. 

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

NOTE: sales pro only allows the second level of activity to be customized (the call type)

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 5.10.56 PM.png

cbartlett
Regular Contributor

mitchellkp you actually need sales enterprise to customize this as we learned when we bought sales pro and still didnt have the functionality. This is such a basic need of any sales organization and agree that it should be more accessible to the lower tiers of Husbpot sales. I know for us enterprise is way over the top in terms of functionality for what we do and we don't need anything more than pro.  This should at least be part of sales pro if not part of free version as its so basic and necessary for every company.

bsusan
New Contributor

@cbartlett we have enterprise and this still isn't an option for us unfortunately. Seems like a quick and easy fix for Hubspot to add in. 

cbartlett
Regular Contributor

@bsusan thats so surprising because we were told that it was an option if we upgraded... again. I agree! hopefully we can get them to implement soon! 

AlexVenzee
New Contributor

Hello, I'd very much like to second this request for this pretty basic feature. As I've learned, Call and Email tasks qualify as "engagements", while ToDos do not - it would be great to be able to have tasks default to a type that was an engagement and thus will trigger the "next activity" field. In our use case, being able to screen for companies that don't have tasks set is pretty important. 

Also, it seems that the time field is also required to get the "engagement" field to trigger properly - it would be nice to be able to set a company wide default time to be preselected (or allow a date w/o time of day to update the "next activity" properly).

Really, I'd be happy if all tasks counted as engagements (or the next activity field could be set to update on non-engagement tasks), but if we could set task defaults such that they defaulted to settings that would fully qualify as "engagements" that would be an effective solution!

LouiseCasey
Visitor

I'd also really like this to be available ASAP please. We want to be able to register event attendance, webinar attendance, direct mail sends as different activities and then be able to report on these. Are you able to update please on when this will be available? I'd be happy to test as well. 

dtwuensch
Occasional Contributor

we need a way to  be able to add any and all "behaviors" and "outcomes" somewhere in the Sales Tool and then be able to report on them daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually to manage sales activities.

Behaviors include anything that the Sales person controls; dials, leave messaage (vm or with receptionist), email, text, Inmail, Viewed LI profile, Requested LI connection, Requested Introduction (and/or referral), Sent TY Card

Outcomes could include: Connection (phone conversation, text exchange, email exchange), Agreed to Introduction, Introduction Completed, Appointment, Sent Proposal

The current Log Activity of Log Call, Log Email and Log Meeting is too limiting to properly assess behaviors and outcomes to help manage sales activities

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

This is basic functionality in SFDC to define activities. It makes the CRM more relevant and reflects the company's tactics and activities across sales and marketing and support.

It also enables HubSpot CRM to be used as an ABM tracking and reporting tool.