HubSpot Ideas

carmenm

Customizing Dashboards with Colors

It would be really nice if you could customize the dashboard reports by different colors so you could break up the data more visually. 

For example, being able to change the color of text on the header and/or summary data that is show. So that if you are creating reports for different teams, the dashboard could be color coded by team for better visualization. 

Also, being able to better customize the colors of graphs, etc.

Example:

carmenm_1-1608251227249.png

carmenm_2-1608251256079.png

carmenm_3-1608251303417.png

17 Replies
rwolupo
Top Contributor

i like

Jovitha
Contributor | Partner

Absolutely. This is a must-needed feature because if we have to show reports or schedule the whole dashboard to be sent to the client, then in that case having a monotonous color throughout might not interest them and grab the client's attention. There should be an option where we can at least select the color in which the graphs should show on the dashboard so that numbers look pleasing and interesting. 

eneri

Yes, I agree. It would also be very helpful if you could define colours for a specific property to be the same on all reports on one dashboard. 

e.g. property country: DE is always green, GB is always red, FR is always blue ... 

At the moment the colours are set automatically, depending on the values of the property in a view. 

If report A has data for DE, ES, GB  and IR

and report B has data for ES, FR, IR

ES and IR will have different colours in both reports.  🤪

Michellq24

Hi, 

Love this idea and would just like some colour to define the different sections, inbox, contacts, companies, tickets.  We are all going snow blind with the white and there is no clear definition at a glance to see what table you are in.....thank you for listening 

Edyta7510
Guide

Hey, I've just noticed that this is now possible in HubSpot, I haven't seen any big announcement on this update though - I may have missed it??

screenshot.png

eneri

@Edyta7510 thanks for the screenshot. It looks like this only available in a new Custom Report builder, but not in the old reports we're using. 

So, we will have to re-create all our reports 🤔

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 10.12.17.png

I could transfer my cross-object report to the new report builder, but for the single objects reports I don't have this option. 

Edyta7510
Guide

@eneri You are right, it's not available for all reports.  From what HubSpot announced, cross-object reports will disappear around July this year, so we'll all need to transfer them to the new report builder. I'll try to transfer some of my top single objects reports to the report builder and see what it gives. 

Bmore

I concept growing a filter like "Last Name carries Smith" and "First Name containd Fra" is probably a feasible workaround, however it's going to no longer pull up any contacts as the carries filter requires a complete phrase like this.

Ivanjlares
Participant

Now to save custom color palettes for future use!

Edyta7510
Guide

@Ivanjlares absolutely, this is so much needed!

LAkossou

I Like ! j'aimerai aussi avoir la couleur aussi sur mes tickets, j'espere que ca sera fait prochainement.

EAudigé

👌amélioration fortement souhaitée !!!

AVigneron

Yes please !!! 

alice2
Participant

Yes please

MZanfardino

Yes that would be awesome, especially if you have multiple business units - comparing the dashboards would be much easier if you can set the same color for i.e. deal phase, etc.

MMDL1

I feel you  @eneri , so hard to have different colors for the same property.

squigglebit
Contributor

Much needed and surely something so simple