HubSpot Ideas

JennPape

Customize the suggested follow up task due dates or add more options

I'd like to be able to schedule a follow up task for 3 or 6 months (and ideally have it land on the closest business day).  Can you add these intervals as options as well? Thanks!

37 Kommentare
BrianKolins
Mitglied

I never use the 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day automatic options when I follow up. I always have to pick other. If there was a way of changing that, either with a couple of predetermined choices, or even full choices, that would be awesome. Of course we are not talking about a huge amount of time, but saving 5-10 seconds each time, eventually starts adding up to significant time 🙂

I'm sure there are some who like the 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day options, but I'd like a 1-week, 2-week, 1-month, 2-month set of options, others might too. Maybe even a "first of next month" or "first of second month" could be very useful as well.

There likely are a lot of people who may use some of the current default days, but not others, so even they might like a 1, 2, 3-day, 1 week, and 2 week options if they could be changed.

Thank you for the awesome help.

Curt1
Mitglied

Yes exactly Jenn could we have 2 Months and 3 Months as well as 6 Months added into the default date options on the follow up dates for Tasks. If we want either of these options at the moment we have to choose a custom date which takes extra time. We often use these timeframes so are very keen to lean up this process for ourselves and indeed all hubspot users.

Seano
Mitglied

1 week and 2 week option would also be excellent as i use it for a lot of telemarketing calls and if you cant get through to somebody else i normally put them off for a certain amount of time 

Chupacabra
Mitglied

Agreed, would be very useful if there was a function on the calendar option similar to excel.. Like add +20 or +30 days  to the contact followup property from date of workflow trigger. 

childsmd
Teilnehmer/-in

Options are great when creating a task, but I have a need to follow up in 6 months and 1 year extremely often. I would like to add those options to the current options when selecting when to follow up with a task.

OR EVEN BETTER

allow me to customize my standard options for follow up. I know many people need to follow up in 1 day, 2 days, but our business is a longer lead cycle, so the ability to customize my options in the drop down menu would be fantastic. 

Daviiiiide
Mitglied

Yes being able to program this would be most useful. For me, even to change the default from 3 days to a day of choice would be most useful.

FlkSfty
Teilnehmer/-in

This is absolutely something we need as well! The majority of our tasks need to be created 11 and 12 months out, and scrolling through a whole year is pain (or clicking enough times to be able to manually type the date). 

We should be able to edit our default Task date/time options.

markscacco
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Agreed, we need this too

enorberg
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This would be very useful to my team as well, especially if each user can customise these pre-set options according to their own needs.

Theo_B
HubSpot Employee

When sending a 1:1 email from a record in the CRM, creating a follow up task defaults to a follow up in 3 business days. 
It would be great for each user to have the option to customize the default follow up timing and to have a "7 days" option instead of having to choose a custom date

rapidos
Mitglied

Hello,

I second this idea.

being able to choose a custom default followup period in my account would be even better and allow anybody to customize this - daily used - feature based on its own needs.

broadhurstpm
Mitglied

I agree! I have standardized dates I need (2 weeks - which I know is already an option), 6 months, and 10 months for every new customer I input.  It would be nice if I had the option to create my own custom task due dates so that they appeared in the drop down.
Would also LOVE the ability to automate those tasks (as I repeat the same tasks for every new client) without having to use a 3rd party workaround like Zapier.

lrn24
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

It would be great to have this be customizable. We really want a 2-month follow-up option because it works best for our team. 

kabrahams
Mitglied

Am I to understand that there is currently no way to delay a task follow up after a lead has been assigned to a Sales Rep?

We want a 7-day task, 14 day and 30 day follow up task. Is that possible?

Theo_B
HubSpot Employee

Hi @kabrahams 

More options are now available in the UI :

follow-up task.png

kabrahams
Mitglied

But this is for sequences, I'm trying to accomplish this is the Workflow after a lead has been assigned.

SChester
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, it would be nice to customize the due dates to your process. I'd like to add a 6 week option and maybe take out some of the other options we don't use.

mamersfoort
Teilnehmer/-in

Yep, either add a couple of options for longer time ranges (1 year, 2 year) or full customization would be great.

vmcgee
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

I agree. The Task follow-up defaults to 3 days. We should be able to make a global change to change it to 7 days. 

DDubow
Mitglied

Yes, I would like to design my own drop down menu. I don't like always having to go to the custom date option.