Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Customize the close date in deals

When you create a deal, there is a default close date (end of current month). Every month, we have to postpone the close date of our deals to the next month.

In our industry, the time to close is more around 80 to 90 days. The deal forecast will be more accurate with a close date set 2 or 3 months after the create date. close_date.png

HubSpot updates
73 Comentarios
krispag
Experto titular

Same. Why automatically populate a date if the deal is not closed? After all, there is an expected close date property.

Paul_Good
Occasional Contributor

YES. Please this.

TomS
Occasional Contributor

We would like to see this as well. Seems like it's not being picked up by Hubspot yet?

rso
Asesor destacado

Hubspot can drastically improve the user experience by getting rid of the default close date (end of the month) when a deal is created and also when a deal is closed if there is already a value in the close date field

Carlson
Asesor destacado

Similar to all the previous posts, we would like to configure the close date when creating a new deal. 

Too much work on monthly basis to have the sales team manually update this, seems like this request would benefit all Hubspot users. Any work around ideas out there?

krispag
Experto titular

I propose a default of no Close Date when a deal is newly created as it is unlikely closed at the time of creation. Instead, allow pre-determined values for Expected Close Date, but default that to no value as well. The default for Close Date is truly a pain point for us!

CHHS
Asesor destacado

@hubspot can you comment on why this is not addressed however this goes back 2+ years?

tomas212
Occasional Contributor

It's really sad how Hubspot keeps on ignoring this issue although people have been talking about this problem since 2017. Very poor. @cnewtonhubspot @ashahhubspot can you explain?  

LeeHouse
Occasional Contributor

@tomas212 Sadly unless a request is about a way that @hubspot can make more money in developing a new component that has a subscription model then they are not interested in listening.

There are a number of very small and simple things in the UI/GUI that could be fixed to make the user experience a better one and a more productive one but they are single viewed. They just want more and more intergrators they can sell to and knock out half finished SAAS components that you get tied into.

We leave in a couple of months when our 2nd year is up and will move to Salesforce. I would advise the same.

tomas212
Occasional Contributor

@LeeHouse Exactly, we have been noticing those small issues that could be solved very easily since we started using HubSpot. It frustrates me because the software itself could be brilliant if they cared about it more and actually listened to us, the people who have bought it in the belief that it's gonna be the right solution for us even though it's not the cheapest solution on the market, by far. I absolutely get why you decided to leave the platform, but we just started using it 4 months ago so it's not really a solution for us.