HubSpot Ideas

tscott

Customize the Tasks Columns

In our company, we use the tasks feature to assign RFQ's/(Deals) to employees. But we do not have the option to customize/edit the columns. We would like to edit the titles and the number of steps in the tasks feature so, we can more accurately show the status of a task.

HubSpot-Updates
April 25, 2022 07:59 AM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

You guys have amazing ideas and feedback. I've been reading through your feedback on this thread and it has helped me realized that we have been thinking about solving this problem the wrong way. Over the last few months, we have added several new properties on the task app to help customers organize their task better. To name a few:

• Contact Email
  • Contact Phone Number
  • Contact Job Title
  • Contact Time Zone
  • Company Domain
  • Target Account Status 
  • Custom Objects

Althought these new properties has helped some of you improve your workflow, we still have more work to do. Simply adding new properties doesn't seem like its the right approach. We need to figure out a way that solves for the broader need. I can not make any promises for when this will take place, but I ask that you continue to be patient with us and contine to provide your feedback. We try our best to solve as many customer problems as we possibly can.

I would love to brainstorm on this topic with some of you. If you are interested in chatting on this topic, please DM so we can get something on the calendar. 

Look forward to chatting with some of you. 

Gordon

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
April 28, 2020 06:59 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thanks for some of the great suggestions for additional columns in Tasks. We're evaluating what some of the most common column types that could be added to the tasks table and will plan to update here if this is something we plan to add to the product. 

Thank you,
Scott

89 Kommentare
OutdoorGuy
Mitglied

I can't seem to add "COMPANY" to my task view.  When dealing with hundreds of follow ups to existing clients, sometimes the name just isn't enough...

ecohen
Mitglied

Please do this. The task list needs to allow the ability to use data from all fields, including custom fields. This would actually make the task list useful and efficient.

Colorscene
Teilnehmer/-in

This simple feature request has just passed it's 2 year anniversary. I added a variation request 5 months ago. What does it take to get product management and development to pay attention. When feature implementaion is this slow, at some point patience runs thin. Progress status from a hub spot representative would be useful. Tim

shatton
Teilnehmer/-in

Dear Hubspot, please implement this. We have workflows that create tasks for specific people and some of those tasks require that specific person coordinating with the contact owner. Or sometimes they need to create a list based on contact owner ... or company ... or geography. We would LOVE to be able to utilize other columns availble from the contact. Please work on this. Thanks!

bgalvin
Mitglied

Agreed, I believe that adding more column properties, like Contact Owner, PC User Count, # of Employees, etc. would make Hubspot Task Queues that more powerful of a tool.

samellis
Mitglied

The option to be able to edit/add task columns would be so useful. Current defualt columns are good but very generic and we inparticular would like the option to add further info. 

Michael_1
Mitglied

Come on Hubspot, it can't be that hard to fix this. Asking people to click into each and every person is ridiculous. 

DevanduToit
Mitglied

We'd also like the flexibility to configure the columns - our directors have just requested it. 

They want to be able to park tasks under a discuss in meeting column. 

They want to use the waiting column for 'on customer'

and in progress for 'they can do something about it'

Then a parked for meeting column 'for parking things until they can be discussed. 

They are going to use the waiting column for now. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
sjudson
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thanks for some of the great suggestions for additional columns in Tasks. We're evaluating what some of the most common column types that could be added to the tasks table and will plan to update here if this is something we plan to add to the product. 

Thank you,
Scott

erica11
Stratege/Strategin

Agree we would like to see the company name and contact name in the task view. We would also like to be able to customise the task status like you can do for deal or ticket pipelines.

pabloros
Mitglied

Hi, I asked the help center if it was possible to add a column in the pending tasks section with a property related not to tasks but to "Contacts". They redirected me to the thread.

The idea would be to show the pending tasks including a column with the "Anual Income" property of the company so that you could order the tasks from  high to low company´s income to prioritize the tasks with those companies with high incomes.

Regards

DRowland
Mitglied

Being able to add State/Region as a column would be tremendously helpful to help our sales team identify the right people to call at the right time straight from their task dashboard. 

MarkDreiband
Mitglied

I'd like to be able to put State as a column in the tasks view.  I'd like to see my tasks / associated company or contact by states so that I can target a state for outreach or call in different time zones when appropriate.  Can you please make this happen?  🙂

PerRaknes
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

Hi,

We would like the Possibility to have a column showing City in the Tasks list (when the task is assosiated with a Company)

BR

Per Raknes

EricSimplify
Mitglied

The new Tasks menu is pretty slick - but you guys left out the ability to add Email as a column header for tasks related to specific contacts. Needs to be there!

michaelhalevy
Mitglied

Hello,

I'd like to be able to add company/contact properties such as Company Name in the Tasks "Edit Columns". Screenshot 2020-11-18 144812.png

KHami-Eddine
Mitglied

Hello,

Our sales people like to organise their day by working on tasks by deal stage, so they focus on one topic at a time.

One way we thought about would be to display the deal stage as a column in the task table:

KHami-Eddine_0-1611333720624.png

So they could sorth them by deal stage.

However, if you have another suggestion, we will take it. 

Best.

SFlynninDenver
Mitglied

Hello.  🙂  The task list is not very effective as it is today.  We need the abiltiy to sort on Company Name so all tasks associated with a Company could be completed at one time.  In addition, we would like to be albe to sort on Company Time zone so you could prioritize calls and "follow the sun."  

OManager
Mitglied

We would like to see some custom properties we created under 'Company' on 'Task' columns. One of the customer properties we created is "Lead Status" under 'Company' info. Being able to see this on the 'Task' column will allow us to see which task is related to which customer at which lead status.

NBleicher
Mitglied

Absolutely this would be a helpful feature. You can add/edit columns in Contacts view....why wouldnt you be able to do the same thing in Tasks?